Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to mk4's but not VW's :)

I'm based at Hertfordshire University studying Motorsport Engineering, but visit Warwickshire and Essex quite often

recently bought a 1.8t mk4 3 door in reflex silver (well mostly) haha.. it's got a few scrapes here and there, but I have a friend in body shop who wants to get it up to show car quality :p

Engine is an AUM ko3s 150bhp lump with a pippercross cone filter, as far as we can tell it's not at 150bhp and must have had a stage one remap at some time, pulls pretty well ;)

It's also on JOM coilovers, (leaky so need replacing soon), and the springs in the rear don't have the adjusters fitted... but still it isn't that low? (to me that is)

I've also polybushed the entire car with powerflex stuff, other than the top mounts, I wont do them till I get new coilovers, I've just replaced them and the bearings with OEM stuff (the front has risen up about 10mm because of it! haha)

anyway, pics:

Spot the difference:

These cleaned up quite nicely...

And the only Photo I currently have haha:

Cheers for looking

Lew

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for the welcomes guys :)

unfortunately I only got to drive it for 2 months...

I'll spare you guys with the details, but I was spiked and pulled over,

17 month ban reduced to 12 months, so my dad will be driving it untill next june, doesn't mean I'm not going to be working on it though..

Tez: I did a college btec course in motorsport before hand, I personally would have done A-levels but at 16 went into college, quit and had a few career changes since then. I then started college at 19 finishing at 21, started uni at 22... the course it's self is very good, more theoretical than hands on though, but that's expected, academically most of the A-level students are better at the maths etc but when it comes down to the knowledge, the college students are better, If i could have chosen I would choose A-levels any day. My course is listed here: http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/Motorsport-Technology.cfm

Lew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.