Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a mates and he showed me an article in max power (i know its a bit chav but so is he!), its a company called PI fuel systems and they reckon they can get more power/torque from TD's by injecting abit of LPG in with the diesel, I've just requested a price for my 130 PD ASZ. Anyone heard anything about this or had it done/know someone who has, they claim power gains similar to a re-map, so with a map and this i like the idea of my bora with over 200brake and an uprated clutch, driveshafts etc etc!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I dunno, sounds intrigueing. What's the prices like? Similar to a re-map or what?

Here's their website by the way www.p-i-fuelsystems.com

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Benjie, havnt heard back from them yet will let you know when i do, i forgot to include the link http://www.p-i-fuelsystems.com/powershot_diesel.htm , its called power shot and from what i can gather it is a bit like nitrous in the way that it increases combustion efficiency, i would be interested to hear from anyone with any first hand knowledge of the system because if the claims are true and the price isnt stupid its something i would definetely consider trying, with all the members on here someone must know something about it?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Just got a quote back from them, ?1300+vat (so 1500 then!) and he says 30 extra bhp, and 10mpg extra apparently.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got a reply:

H Chris.

Thanks for your enquiry.

A system on your VW will cost ?1300+vat, gives both power and economy, up to 30% more power and at least 10 more to the gallon on most vehicles.

Currently booking for the 19th Dec onwards.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Chris Seaton.

The claims would have to be pretty accurate for that price, don't you agree?, think i might give it a miss for now, could get better gains using tried and tested mods for that price, would still be interested to hear from anyone with any experiance of the system though.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Nah, it wasn't spooky - it just shows that great minds really do think alike!

With reference to you ating "Th quotes have to be pretty
accurate..." I'm not sure if they are because I had exactly the
same e-mail, so the same process for your 130pd and my 90 non-pd?
Tbh, I'm happy with my ?90 tuning box! The extra 10mpg will not
make a dent compared to ?1500! Don't think I'll bother!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree, that 10mpg would take alot of miles to pay for itself, looks like i'll have to make do with abit of a revo map, if i ever win the lottery i'll try the powershot and let you know! When i said about the quotes being accurate i meant they would need to be to justify that sort of price. Still going to keep my eyes open for other ways to break that 200bhp barrier!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
About 8months ago I'm sure I read on here that some company can tune a
130pd engine to 203/4bhp. But I can't remember an ything more
about it, I remember being impressed at the time!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
The only way a 130PD will reach over 200bhp is with a bigger turbo -
just ask Micky32. As for spending ?1500 to get 30bhp - they're having a
laugh. You can get a remap for ?400-500 which will see you gaining at
least 40bhp. This is tried and tested and reliable.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Looks like their arguement will be about the extra 10mpg then with is a bit flimsy, esp for over ?1300.  And even that says 'for most cars'

·
Registered
728 Posts
It is true to get over 200BHP you will need a hybrid, but think about your MPG. Do you do a lot of miles? Wish i had thought about it......

But hey, we don't have these cars to be cheap to run do we! [:D]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey d4, i take it you don't get 50+mpg anymore, what sort of figure do you get?. Who did you use for your engine work and if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost? i do a fair few miles but i reckon it would be worth the sacrifice. If your having regrets maybe we could do a swap, mines still standard mechanically (hehe).

·
Registered
728 Posts
No, no regrets, i had the work done by amd who i would not reccomend. That was hybrid, exhaust and remap and ?4000.

I get about 25-30 and if i drive with cruise on really carfully for a long drive i can get 40mpg.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I can't be bothered to get into it now but do a search and you will find loads of threads about AMD and i have posted on a few of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts