Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this new in 2002 with winter pack, sunroof and oetinger rear spoiler. Since then I've made some changes :-

ENGINE- APR Chip with Cruise control, Miltec sport CAT, custom Exhaust, GFB dump valve.

BODY- Golf Anni kit, caractere grill, V6 rear valence, FK rear lights, Boot infill, eyebrows.

CHASSIS- FK Coilovers, Audi TT wheels with Goodyear F1's

INTERIOR- full heated leather, R32 pedals, gauges in lower stereo slot.

I havent seen many 1.8T Bora's in the UK so I am interested to see how many are on this forum.

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a Jetex Cat back when I bought the cat, and when I fitted the V6 rear valance the twin pipes for 1.8T models didn't line up with the cut out on the valance so I had a rear box made to fit.

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Looks the biz mate! I guess the tail lights are not to my liking BUT if we all had the same looks on our motors we would be pretty boring! It's nice to see things different for a change

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Very nice mate, love the ride height and the way it sits, how do you find the ride with the coilovers/18's fitted, as i will be lowering my Bora soon but don't really want to completely ruin the ride quality

BTW, was your car featured in the readers ride's section of VWmotoring mag a few months back?

Again mate,lovely car, only thing i would change personally is the rear lights, i'm not a big fan of lexus style lights and IMO the US OEM Jetta 2004 tails would look a treat on your car

But hey, different strokes for different folks and all that...[;)]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
BTW mate, i think there is only one other 1.8T Bora on the forum IIRC, so it looks like you are in an exclusive group! [:D]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find the ride to be a bit bouncy sometimes, but I've got standard bump stops which could be the problem.

And yes it was in VW motoring around Christmas, the same issue as the silver TDI Sport from Ireland.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Car looks great mate. I would not normally say this but I actually think that the rear lights suit your car as they have the black insides on a black car.

Good work.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
wow looks great [!].

Good choice of styling extra's (apart from those rear clusters).

Keep up the good work......what's planned next? - tints ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wasn't planning on doing tints, next is to fit sound system properly then the turbo pipework and maybe a different intercooler.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Another Bora owner, excellent!!

I like the front end mate but as everyone says not too sure about the rearlamps? Each to their own though!!

What make is the boot blend? Looks good IMO!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the boot blend is by Mattig. Got it from R&A for ?100.

Not 100% about the rear lights myself but I've only seen them on R&A's demo car so there still different.

·
Registered
432 Posts
is the boot blend just stuck on??

also the front spoiler was it easy to fit as i was sure the golf bumper was a different size from the bora???

craigv

1 - 20 of 25 Posts