Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh well looks like i will just have to make do!!! Cant believe i wasnt given the option of the highline or the armrest anyway....sort of expected it after test driving a GTI with both in it!!! The misses just thinks they are little things and not to worry, but i want them!!!! NOW!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've retro fitted the arm rest.

I got my bits from VAG Parts and supplied some codes from the data sticker to ensure the right colour parts were ordered (the top is fabric and needs to match your seat cloth..)

I also put together a fitting guide for VAG parts, which they should supply with your order, or I can e-mail you one if you like.

I can well imagine it costing ?800 from a dealer because of the labour charges and they're correct in saying the dash has to be taken apart to fit the vents to the rear of the armrest. However, it's not worth doing all that for a retrofit, so my advice is to leave the rear vents dis-connected. It looks the same as a factory fit though.

Should take no more than 2 hours to assemble/fit and you only need a screwdriver and socket set!

Worthwhile thing to do IMO.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
In that case Marco I would suggest your only realistic option is to go to the dealer and ask him if there is anyone else waiting for a new GTi to your spec and pass it on to them. Then sit down, study the options list and place another order with the bits you want.

Probably not what you are wanting to hear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If i told the misses that the car was getting delayed i think i would be sleeping in the garden! Its been a long wait for the both of us! Just want to get it now, just so many options with so little time!! and money!!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.