Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - New member would be grateful for some help on a small matter! I am soon to be the proud owner of a black 3 door Mk5 GTI which I have been "told" will be with me by no later than the end of March. In the mean time the garage has given me a Mk5 FSI to play with. I am wanting to know what the difference is between the computers in both of these cars?? I thought the GTI computer (the one between the 2 speed dials) had the outline of the car telling you of any probs with the motor??!! Is this not the case??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gutted! Thought the GTI would come as standard with a better version computer than the rest of the Golf range mind! I test drove a GTI a while ago which had one in so i just presumed it was standard. Does anyone know if you can add to a order cause i sort of fancy the armrest too now!!!???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just spoke to the dealer and they said they had good and bad news for me...Bad news is that the armrest and highline computer cant be fitted...good news is cause I will get the motor next week!!!! Getting excited now! Bit sick though that the sales guy said that in the future if i wanted to fit a armrest it will cost me about 800 quid due to the massive job it is! Reckons they have to take half the dash out etc to fit one! Really wanted the highline computer too!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered last week in Jan! Was told then it was a week 10 delivery date. Really surprised he said i was getting it next week though cause they did say end of March! I just hope VW get their fingers out and start fitting extras to the Mk5 quick smart!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The car they gave me to drive they said was a 115bhp 1.6 FSI. It was the salemans car!! Quite a nice ride really, feels a bit like driving a people carrier or something though! (Been used to driving a 2 seater motor!) Just cant wait to get my hands on the GTI. Went for black 3 door with option leather and metallic paint. Going to speak to the sales guy today again though cause i want to know when we could get these extras options - highline and armrest fitted!!??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh well looks like i will just have to make do!!! Cant believe i wasnt given the option of the highline or the armrest anyway....sort of expected it after test driving a GTI with both in it!!! The misses just thinks they are little things and not to worry, but i want them!!!! NOW!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If i told the misses that the car was getting delayed i think i would be sleeping in the garden! Its been a long wait for the both of us! Just want to get it now, just so many options with so little time!! and money!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.