Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was searching for info on getting a new key fob as the key ring loop on mine is broken and also the buttons are looking a bit tatty now.

Saw one guy asking if he could just buy one off of ebay and swap the circuit board and blade over to the new one. There were replies saying it could be done but was wondering if anyone could confirm this and how difficult it would be?

Also found this one on ebay and would like opinions, it looks ok to me, but would like to make sure

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-2-BUTTON-FLIP-KEY-REMOTE-FOB-CASE-BORA-GOLF-/180604421661?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0cdcc61d#ht_2214wt_1139

Any help and info is greatly appreciated

cheers

Justin

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so does that mean that I will be fine as long as I only use the bottom half and keep the top half of my original key as it has the immobiliser chip glued into it?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys really appreciate it

another quick question, if I got the new blade cut, even though it won't have an immobiliser chip in it, would I still be able to open my doors? say if I left the car running and shut all the doors then it locked itself, would I simply be able to use the new cut blade just to open the door?

as at the moment when leaving the car running to defrost I always leave the door open to avoid getting locked out!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kl coz I'm thinkin, seeing as i will have a blade spare I might as well get it cut for emergencies

Thanks for all the help [:D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts