Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hmmmmm, seems to get a lot more as 'standard' for example the SE has the front centre arm rest as umm standard! and the rear centre armrest!

·
Registered
703 Posts
might go for a test drive....

not gonna buy another VW though unless they sort out the customer
services. hope there is a GLI version over here like in the states.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The option list seems alot smaller than the golfs too. does that mean more standard kit or just less options... also 16inch wheels on the SE compared to the 15s on the golf

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures I took of the new Jetta when I was in a VW dealer in America. Its the GLI version which I think will be our GTI version, as it had the 2.0T engine in it

Here goes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
101 Posts
Jetta GLI nice to see the old GLI badge back.

It was used on the booted version of the Golf MK1 GTIs so long ago so no reason we should not get GLI badged Jettas here.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
See what you mean about the specs, some weird wheels ona couple of those photos that don't do it much good. Drop it down a bit and it might grow on me - it gets an "Average" for now....

Same grill as the R32!
I thought they were putting the same dull grill on everything now??

C

·
Registered
132 Posts
True, but I find it strange in that case that they didn't make the R32 more unique in comparison to the rest of the range & other models like the new Jetta, whereas they did with the GTI.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
True, but I find it strange in that case that they didn't make the R32 more unique in comparison to the rest of the range & other models like the new Jetta, whereas they did with the GTI.
Andy I think this takes us back to all the other threads where the debate about Racing vs Relaxed for R badge has raged and probably will continue raging, though I do get your point [:)]

C

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Goodness me this model is being aggressively pitched at the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> market with regards to specification:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

ALL models have:<o:p> </o:p>

Body coloured door handles

Coming home/leaving lights

Auto lights

Alarm

Rain sensing wipers

Auto dipping rear view mirror

Footwell lighting

<o:p> </o:p>

This is for ?14,600 (1.6FSI), so quite a bit cheaper than the equivalent hatch model.<o:p> </o:p>

The 200PS GTI engine is available in the ?Sport? range (no GT model) at ?1,200 less than the GTI, along with the unpopular 150PS FSI petrol unit and the great 140PS TDI.<o:p> </o:p>

There are also some attractive option packs including rear parking sensors with cruise control and electronic tyre pressure monitoring, all for ?295. Electric seats are finally available (although only with leather upholstery and for ?2,000).<o:p> </o:p>

I think this car should sell quite well but I suspect will never get near hatch sales in the <st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>.<o:p></o:p>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts