Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have used Jamex kit in the past and had no issues.The price is good for a fully coilover kit I would say go for it .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, just put the order is so should be with me on monday. Wheels arrived this mornin too!!

I'll post some pics when there on the car...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd also be interested in seeing some pics too, was a bit suspicious buying suspension from ebay. Good luck with it though and lets see some piccies soon. [:)]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the kit fitted yesterday, I'm well pleased with it! Highly recommended, cant go wrong for the money. I managed to pick it up for £310 delivered where other comanys are wanting £350+

I've had uprated suspension on other golf before and it was really harsh but this kit is just right. It feels stable and pretty solid on the road and the damping is spot on, it does rattle your bones or bang over bumps in the road like other set ups.

I've not wound it down all the way but it sits really nice and no trouble with the ARB either.

I will post the pics in a sep forum later in the readers ride section, keep an eye out....

·
Registered
45 Posts
hiya csg.1.8turbo,

You've sold the kit to me. Im just minutes away from hitting the buy button on e-bay!!

Can i just ask whether you fitted the kit yourself or did you get a garage to do it? Are coilover kits hard to fit?

andy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi mate,

I work at a Mitsubishi garage so I got the lads there to fit it. It didn't take them too long but they have all the right tools and the car was up in the air with all the wheels off. Prob not a job for a novice but I'm sure someone with a bit of experience could manage it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi mate,

I work at a Mitsubishi garage so I got the lads there to fit it. It didn't take them too long but they have all the right tools and the car was up in the air with all the wheels off. Prob not a job for a novice but I'm sure someone with a bit of experience could manage it...
yo its ryan here, mark's gf's lil bro! get the pictures up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Heres mine on Jamex coilovers, there good for the price, really cant knock them, iv had them a few weeks now with no issues at all, iv wound mine right down at the back and have 10mm left on the front, hopefully il put it right down at the front soon, just need to find a way to get the back a bit lower [:^)]

Posted Image

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey how are you guys finding the new Jamex coilovers?

Hows the ride, handling and "comfort" issues ?

Would you recomend them ?

Rob

1 - 20 of 26 Posts