Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I saw one of these in the flesh the other day at my local honda garage. It looks so ugly from the front its unbelievable.

The rest of the car is fine, just the grill makes it look like something from judge dredd!

Martin

·
Registered
294 Posts
Guys you have to see this car in the flesh - I'm still not sure about its looks but from the front I think it looks great. And from inside it looks 10 years ahead of the game.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Having seen it on 5th gear tonight I really like it. Not 100% sure of the outside looks but the package is so away from the norm it is certainly worth a look.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I really do like this car, espically the pic's of it in black! and like
others have said, its a brave step and looks so far ahead of other cars!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
It was indeed a brave step, a brave step i could never ever see VAG doing.

I think it looks great, the Type-R could end up being dare i say it, even better than the current one???

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I'll wait for in the flesh, but it's a bold move and I reckno they
might actually pull it off quite well. Honda after all are quite
good at doing something a little different quite well!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The Civic looks great in the press pictures, and nice in the showroom. But the the other evening I saw one parked at our local supermarket, in the dark, a dark colour covered in road grime and I had to double take to see if it was actually the new Civic. When it's dirty and in a non-descript colour it starts to look very.... Korean? [:cool:]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think it looks awesome.........i agree with what they are saying in that it makes most other cars on the road look out of date.

If I was in the market for a new car then a Honda garage would be my first stop[Y]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Was it just me or did 5th gear not actually say how it performed on the road? They said how good the 2.2 D was but nothing about the handling or ride of it?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Was it just me or did 5th gear not actually say how it performed on the road? They said how good the 2.2 D was but nothing about the handling or ride of it?
Thats just typical 5th gear for you.........

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I just wondered if this version handles better than the previous model - not the TypeR. I'm interested in whether the torsion beam rear works better than the independant set up.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Just had a read of the "motoring" section of the Independent (I think???) and the reviewer person, said "It's handling is fantastic when your require instant responce turn by turn you get it!" but apparently the ride is a tad on the firm side espically at the front.

Hummmm I haven't chose my company car yet????

I think the link on the first post, might give you an idea as well mate...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Autocar did a first drive of what looks to be the same car. They said if I remember its on a par with VW Golf Mk V but not quite as good as a Focus. They also said it had issue with low headroom. As for the engine apparently they had to take out some of the soundproofing to make it fit the Civic (its from the Accord) so it was more noisey. The car tested is quite a high spec version prob somewhere near a 2.0 GT in spec if not price.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'll tell you this Honda's are FAR more reliable than VW.

My old civic never failed an MOT once. my GT TDI golf has failed 3 in a row and numerous other things have gone wrong.

I'm going back to Honda !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts