Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys as the title says new here and new to golfs my name is Ian and im 28 and from sunny south wales lol got myself a 03 golf 1.4 match picking it up tomorrow 25k full vw service history 5 doors black. Took the car for a test drive and thought it drove really well i know being the 1.4 it aint going to be a fast car but drives nice enough after spending most my life on 2 wheels and just having rubbish cars that lasted maybe 2 years at a time i have sold my ducati in order to save for a house and needed a nice car that is built to last hence the golf.

Is there any areas i should really look for any wear and tear that i can prevent turning into a problem as i dont really know a lot about these cars as like the old fiestas used to rot on the inside of the wheel arch if you get what i mean i want this car to last me a good few years lol

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Welcome along buddy! all i would say off the top of my head would be things like wishbone bushes and CV boots on the driveshafts are all okay, mine have just been replaced and its not that cheap (driveshafts i mean), ermm......

but like you say its got a full history so i would have though its all okay and with only 25K on the clock i wouldnt really worry all that much!

Gratz on the car too buddy get some [^^] up also so we can see her! [Y]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im from Swansea and if its not to dark tomorrow when i pick her up ill get some pictures up asap havent really got much spare cash to tart her up as im saving like crazy for a house with the mrs so she will be staying as she is for the time being apart from the surf board on the roof when the sun comes out lol Was looking at some nice alloys and lowering it but does lowering it really do anything other than looks? I guess it will give you a slightly better corner speed as lower center of gravity but with our roads as in pot holes and speed bumps is it really worth it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts