Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a top of the range Alpine headunit today!! its the business, and certainly helps the look of the interior.

also got a kicker 850.2 amp installed pushes out 930 watt rms- and a kicker solo baric 15" L7. sounds fantastic! but the rear view mirror shakes like a mofo.

got a nokia bluetooth car kit installed, and would defo reccomend it!! -seen em go on the net for around 50-60 quid.

will upload pics soon.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice one [:)] Can't wait to see the pic's of the HU, will be interesting to see how it looks in comparison to the fully fitted VW option.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Good work business boy. I know the two of us have been looking at this for a while and well done for having the minerals to go and do it. When mine arrives I need to ask myself a couple of questions.

How does it look? (your pics will answer that)but mainly....

What connectivity options exist on the existing unit? I would REALLY appreciate a pic of the back of the old unit, so I can check for RCAs etc. I am wondering about simply adding an active sub. So maybe rca or off live speaker feed.

Cheers mate

·
Registered
313 Posts
I really like the idea of having an MP3 player, and it does look good with the blanking plate. Have you got the VW part number handy, maybe you could post it sometime please.

Also is the display a "VW" Blue colour at night? Would'nt want to lose that blue dash effect.

Cheers

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u can change the colour of the headunit illumination to any colour! red and blue do look very oem! lol.

(the part no on the box it came in is: 1TO 051 058 A)

·
Registered
740 Posts
I used to mostly play MP3's in my Mk4 through my Pioneer DEH-P8400MP. While I'd love to have another MP3 HU, I really want SatNav, so I'm going to go for a Phatnoise system me thinks.

The amplification on the VW fitted HU's is terrible IMO, so I'll have to sort that out as well.

Rainbow Audio have released an upgrade kit for the Mk5 which is suppose to be the dogs dangles [:)] Prob work out quite expensive once you upgrade all 10 speakers, but I just can't resist that extra 1% of clarity/range etc [:D] Same goes for the engine I suppose [;)]

·
Registered
313 Posts
Seems we may have a few Audio Buffs on here [^]. Anyone got an opinion/read reviews etc on the following :

JVC KD-LHX601 (Integrated DAB Tuner, MP3 Playback from CD-R/RW)

I know it may not have the Kudos and Badge of Alpine and alike. But, it does have a built in DAB (Digital)tuner which is probably the only reason why I would go to the bother of a headunit upgrade. Although I do have some infinity component speakers up in the loft, now there is an idea.....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've tried and tested that model, wasnt to my liking.

- really didnt like the sound quality of what it was pushing out. but then again i'm very picky!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote: posted by simfin on 31/10/2004 17:13:05

I really like the idea of having an MP3 player

Maybe you can get an MP3 enabled 6CD changer to interface with the OEM unit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote: posted by Xbox on 02/11/2004 08:13:46

Quote: posted by simfin on 31/10/2004 17:13:05

I really like the idea of having an MP3 player

Maybe you can get an MP3 enabled 6CD changer to interface with the OEM unit.

I would love that too! Does anyone know if this is possible?

·
Registered
33 Posts
what did you do about the areal connection and which one did you use

i went to the shop to get a converter and all thay told me to do was cut the old one off (i don't want to do that)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts