Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from feedback received from members on the new layout, we've decided to revise the fixed width 750px template and make it slightly shorter in height. The new template is now 750 x 200 px.

We have left an area on the right of the transparent bar for users to sign the image. The giudelines for this are Verdana font size 10, with smoothing applied - or if using Fireworks, Verdana Size 12. The text must be on the following co-ordinates x610 - y160. Essentially the text must be the same 'size' and 'format' as the slogan text (below the uk-mkivs logo).

As per usual the template is in png format.

The template can be downloaded here : 750 x 200 px Template

Apologies in advance to those of you who submitted some of the previous templates - this should be the last change we make! [:$]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
That's not going to work... you need an additional layer for the
username/description - it's hard coded into the tempate layer now

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I haven't got access to a programme at the moment as I'm in my other office, but presume that one of the layers has the username text on? Therefore you should be able to edit it?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's not going to work... you need an additional layer for the username/description - it's hard coded into the tempate layer now
It should be an seperate layer. Just checked in Fireworks and it is editable.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
That's not going to work...
you need an additional layer for the username/description - it's hard
coded into the tempate layer now
It should be an seperate layer. Just checked in Fireworks and it is editable.
It's not in Photoshop (one layer, doesn't recognise text). I doubt many people are going to use Fireworks...

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I'll update the file above so it does't contain the username/description section.

You then just add it in PS.

Font is Verdana, size 12. Its on the same line as the slogan text but to the right hand end of the transparent bar. I'll post a picture so you can see.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I'll update the file above so it does't contain the username/description section.

You then just add it in PS.
I thought I said that? Lol
You did. But I'm trying to keep two topis updated at once so I'm saying it again.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Think the irony was lost somewhere there.... was the 'NO' that tickled me [:p]

Should have some tomorrow, busy today!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts