Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Plenty of occasions I have had to tell my girlfriend to either move her arm over a bit or get off the arm rest altogether!! [;)]

So I can fully understand what you mean about the wife pointing out how much she enjoyed it..

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
What about the computer, for the sake of one tank of fuel cost, the computer should be bought.  I think you will be mad not to specify it.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
no didnt go with the computer - i had to draw the line somewhere due to tight budget. [:(]
I can only admire your self control but that computer upgrade really is worth it.

Having said that I have always thought that in buying new you are purchasing not only a new unused car but also the right to spec it to your requirments. Most of the options on the list, with the exception of leather and xenon lights are actually reasonably good value for money so long as you use them. My car is a bit unusual in that it was ordered (by the first owner) with some very useful options: particularly the winter pack, luxury pack and cruise control. If I had ordered it myself I would have added the armrest and computer upgrade but you cannot have everything. At the end of the day I believe my car is a rare example (maybe even unique) because of the specified options and this makes it more special and enjoyable to own.

I did a search today on 'allapprovedcars' to see if I could find a similar car to mine and was not successful as it appears that most people (and dealers with regard to demo cars) just do not order options on their cars, perhaps as they are aware they add nothing to the financial value of the vehicle come time to change. I am therfore greatly indebted to the lady in Yorkshire who first owned my car.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Respect to you for not giving in and all that. You showed some real
self control. I cant help feeling, however, that you may regret the
decision later. Anyway, these are small issues and the car will be
great. I dont get into my car every morning and think "where is my
armrest"

(I do however cry every morning about the fact that I have no GTI)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
[:D] like you say you have to stop somewhere or you could go on forever - money isnt a bottomless pit unfortunately and at least now the wife has stopped moaning [;)]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
yeah tell me about it - once you let em hear that there's no stopping them - she's going to go for world domination next [:S]. Anyone got any tips of how to make the next 8 weeks fly past in a blur whilst I wait for the new wheels to arrive [au]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Well today was D day the Type R has gone long live the TDI only got to wait 8-10 weeks [:'(] and drive the wife's Punto [:|]

roll on end of July [:D]

Chris

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sounds like your in the same situation as I was! I think I remember you on the type-r boards when you were selling your plate, I sold my ctr in february and picked up me gti this week, it was a long wait, but well worth it. at least I had a g40 to drive in the mean time [H] [:D]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
[:D] yeah I was selling the plate at one point and have now decided to keep it on retention for the Golf. After all it was something I wanted for a few years and dont feel inclined to part with it for the sake of it. Nothing worse than waiting for something though when you really want it [:mad:]

41 - 55 of 55 Posts