Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Are the new models in the showrooms yet? I pass the local vw garage now and then but they never have any in.

<o:p> </o:p>

I?d like to test the Tsi but I doubt they will have a demo one, if they haven?t even got a nice shiny one inside?

<o:p> </o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Adrian</st1:place></st1:City>

·
Registered
703 Posts
My dealers (Motorworld Kidlington) have 2 TSI's, both black 3 doors and I've been out in one [:p]

They have the TDI demo coming in September... same time as mine [:D]

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Saw a Black GT on Wandsworth Bridge Road last week.looked good.Would like to see how well they perform tho.Que test drive [:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

New on here, but been keeping tabs on the forum for info on the new GT for some months now. My shadow blue GT 140 PS arrived on Monday (company car) and I'm very pleased with it. Performance seems very similar to my previous Mk 4 GTI diesel 150 PS.

One thing that pi$$ed me off big-time is that it didnt come with twin exhaust. Listers VW (who Lloyds TSB purchased the car through) sent me the first press release sprecification sheet and it said the 140 and the 170 would be identical bar the engine. So I placed my order. I then look on VW website 2 weeks back to discover to my dismay that the 140 doesnt have twin exhaust - GUTTED. Other than that I'm pretty pleased.

And Mo, you may well spot me mate cos I live in Balham and am always in and out of London with work.

Pete

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pete i like your post dude regarding the exhaust i noticed a while ago in the VW brouchure it was single. At least im not the only as the wife calls it saddo!

Have you noticed the new section on the VW site that shows the colours that differ (at least with the blues) to the main section Golf colour charts. Ive ordered the new river blue but this isnt listed under the GT section.

Regards

adrian

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's very annoying. I have exactly the same car on order and should be with me September 1st. I was also led to believe it would be coming with a twin exhaust and have only just seen this on the VW site. It certainly wasn't there before!

·
Registered
146 Posts
It does say in the latest price list in the GT specification about the Twin pipe exhaust;

"Twin exhaust tailpipe (170 PS engines only)"

Thanks,

Hudson

·
Registered
906 Posts
Auto Express has a test between the TSI engine and the 170brake tdi. Have bought the mag but haven't read the test yet

Tam

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm off to the dealers tomorrow to hopefully testdrive the new TSI. Seems like a very interesting car and could be the replacement for my 1.6.

tom

·
Registered
192 Posts
I dont see why VW can not put the twin pipes on the 140 ,My GT140 4motion has twin pipes.

There are stainless catback systems with twin pipes available for the140 now from Milltec etc all you need is a GTI rear lower valance to go with it.

Pete.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It does say in the latest price list in the GT specification about the Twin pipe exhaust;

"Twin exhaust tailpipe (170 PS engines only)"

Thanks,

Hudson
You are missing the point. When I ordered mine it did not say there would only be twin exhaust on the 170 version, and the dealer actually told me about the extras on the GT trim and mentioned the twin exhaust.

Not much use to me changing their website and clarifying the spec after I ordered the car is it?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Sadly the reality of ordering a car that has not been seen in a UK showroom does have a risk attached to it. Even the dealers do not fully understand the spec in complete detail prior to cars being shipped (and sometimes not even after) so these things are inevitable, unfortunately.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sadly the reality of ordering a car that has not been seen in a UK showroom does have a risk attached to it. Even the dealers do not fully understand the spec in complete detail prior to cars being shipped (and sometimes not even after) so these things are inevitable, unfortunately.
Perhaps, but annoying nonetheless

·
Registered
3 Posts
Adrian - My girlfriend told me to get over it too - but I cant!!!!! I look at the car and it looks sweet, but would be that little bit nicer with the twin pipes!

Mark V - I dont think its too much to ask for VW to sort the proper spec out before making the car available is it - they just open themsleves for disappointed customers otherwise. That said, I really should get over it.

Also I had a bit of luck with ordering anyway, I initially ordered a GTTDi, resigned to the fact that the GT wasnt available yet, only to be contacted to be told that I could only have the GT, so Im happy overall.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts