Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of u might remember i have a 1999 v reg golf 1.4 in jazz blue that i crashed in august 09 regretably drink driving!

well the new golf is here!!!

bought it in nov 10 for £700 (as it is in the first pic) had a months mot and 5 months tax

it did need a few things replacing which were,

2 CV joints

2 front strut barrings

bits of the interior

few repairs and scuffs!

i also put a new gear box on it and clutch and replaced the driveshaft

after hours or sweat and tears i repair every imperfection on the car ready for a full respray in a one off colour red from the body shop i work in!

the day i was taking it to the garage so i could spray it i was on the motorway and the bonnet flew up and quite badly dinted the roof and bent my bonnet so had to buy a new bonnet for it! the roof is yet to be repaired! it came with full gti interior in black and red, gti steering wheel, twin exhaust and induction kit!

compared to my blue 1.4 i has this one is unbeliveable fast for a 1.4 and i dont have any idea why! i need to take it to a place to see what its running at but dont no where there is one in manchester!

i did have all the pics from start to finish but the phone they was on was stolen!

anyway heres the pics of the car as it is now!

all opionions apreciated good and bad!!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

·
Registered
512 Posts
Tidy looking motor, I think it needs some black on the front end, either headlights or grille to break up the colour a bit. Looks in good nick aparts from that.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
As some of You might remember i have a 1999 v reg golf 1.4 in jazz blue that i crashed in august 09 regretably drink driving!

Sorry but..
Posted Image
I think DD are twunts. Thats my opinion!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
As some of You might remember i have a 1999 v reg golf 1.4 in jazz blue that i crashed in august 09 regretably drink driving!

Sorry but..
id second that but people make mistakes and i bet he knows how much it has cost him (morally and financially). agree with 2nd post though, maybe something to break up all the red [Y]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts

Sorry but..
id second that but people make mistakes and i bet he knows how much it has cost him (morally and financially). agree with 2nd post though, maybe something to break up all the red
yep dont bring back lives tho does it? Tell that to my pal whos 2 kids were both squashed walking on the path cos someone "making a mistake" lost control and mounted the pathway. drunk or not.. we ALL know driving after a few is bad. NO excuses.

·
oooo audi
4,721 Posts
a dd driver almost wiped me out one night comming up to a roundabout on my side of the road if they had hit me id have (i i could have) knocked 7 shades out of them and any one else who is a complete tool to get behind a wheel drunk.

op hope you learnt your lesson although you got off easy

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Like those wheels.I like that colour on a mk.4.I like black wheels.But I'm not a big fan of those wheels in black on a red mk.4 I'm afraid.If it was mine it'd be all hat buut white wheels instead.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Don't want to start a fight or anything but think it's better just to leave the drink drivin alone and consentrate on the car.... Just saying that's why he posted not to be judged....anywhooooo nice car but defo put a red grill on and badge maybe wing door [:p] mirrors too

·
Registered
538 Posts
if your looking for somewhere to rolling road it scobby clinic in matlock do it for about ?30, not to far from manchester

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Oh dear, they let you back on the road.

Big mistake IMO.

Nothing against you, just dont thing that DD offenders should be allowed to drive again. Enjoy your new car though, and if you truly learnt your lesson we all know you wont be making that mistake again.

Yes we all make mistakes, but we should not be allowed in situations where these mistakes can be made again. Would you let a convicted Peadophile work in a playschool after getting out of prison because 'they have learnt from their mistakes'??

And good going getting another golf!

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
If statistics show there are more accidents and deaths are caused by NON dd

Whats their excuse.
Yes. but they are down to other reasons.... (no seatbelt, speeding, unsafe cars, dangerous driving etc...) and these causes are being takled also.... so DD is one thing trying to be eradicated and reduce deaths.

Thats like me saying that more people die from anything else other than being shot, and therefore shooting someone is ok as it doesnt kill as many....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I understand all the comments about DD and yes i av learnt my lesson but this thread isnt about that! Yeh i am going to do the grill black and the roof next. Thinking about the mirrors too!

·
Registered
267 Posts
this thread isnt for lectures its for his new golf i hate it when people do that.

cars too red sort it out back and red is a good look get some more black on there

1 - 20 of 36 Posts