Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

tried to get a gearstick gaiter wood from dealers but they wanted to give me it with the gear lever, checked on etka and it goes part unknown

checked ebay and no joy, any ideas? going to a breakers after work but when i rang they werent sure if they did have one???

any help would be appreciated

Shazarda

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks bud,

will pick that up today then if breakers are a no go, lol definiately cheaper than 200, i couldnt find any copy items, you seem to be better searchig at ebay than myself, me and 2 others guys looked on ebay and couldnt even find the item you mentioned....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you manage to find a decent one in the end mate? Any recomendations? Mines all worn out, so want to get a new one, but there SO many to choose from on ebay, I don't want to buy some cheapo rubbish if you know what i mean?!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey bud, i bought one from ebay, in the end but i ended up paying 70 odd quid, due to mine being wood, as i suspect yours will be,

as yours is a golf you might be able to get it from dealers, but dealers for mine were saying it was going to be 200 hence ebay was the only option, so try there, if that fails, try this link:

http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/shop/gear-knobs.htm or

i bought my gearknob from this guy at £76, this is his number so you might get it cheaper if you ring direct: 01531 640800 deutscheparts is his user id

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey bud, when I originally created the post, no one came forward, if yours is in great condition I will Defo get it as a spare, if not then don't worry about it,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts