Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this stuff on sale now in Sainsbury's? There's an introductory offer of ?20 for some sort of electric dryer. No idea if it's any good though.

Can't remember how much the wax was.

·
Registered
689 Posts
its not an electric dryer, just sprays de-ionised water on the car so it doesnt leave water marks when it dries. Thing is with these gismos is you have to replace the stuff inside them every few goes and it gets quite expensive.

Funny i dont like the thought of using flash on my car, just makes me think of bleach and stuff!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Flash is for floors,bathrooms not cars[:D][:D][:D].

I have heard that Asda are doing a deal in vilida mops aswell, so why not splash out on that to help with washing it...[^][^]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by squky clean on 18/03/2005 21:31:07

Flash is for floors,bathrooms not cars[:D][:D][:D].

I have heard that Asda are doing a deal in vilida mops aswell, so why not splash out on that to help with washing it...[^][^]

PMSL [:D]

·
Registered
123 Posts
This de-ionised water spray, is it actually safe to use on cars then? because i was thinkin of just getting a few bottles for when i next clean my car to wash away the shampoo too save on the leathering off everytime. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Flash is for toilets and kitchens, c c c...cars!!!! cannot compute! never in a month of sundays would I spray my car with that stuff, might do my dads though [^]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
[V] Next thing you'll know People will be using Fairy Liquid to wash the car with.

Yea, you've done it in the past havent ya [:)]

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do a search for this item as something similar as been available in the states for a while, with mixed results. I think is works best if you live in a hard water area as I belive, but I may be wrong, that you have to put special tablets or something into the sprayer which don't last very long.

Personlly I think it is a bit of a gimik and I will not be rushing out to buy one, as if you dry the car quick enough you shouldn't get water spots anyway, and if you do, well most of you have something in your bumnal to quickly remove them anyway.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Quote: posted by 1.8T Chap on 19/03/2005 23:15:32

This de-ionised water spray, is it actually safe to use on cars then? because i was thinkin of just getting a few bottles for when i next clean my car to wash away the shampoo too save on the leathering off everytime. What do you guys think?

1. Yes its safe, its purified water,

2. Just buy a hydro flexi blade

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
The tablets are probably the same as dishwasher rinse aid.

And I'm sure we're all familier with what happens to things put in dishwashers after a while... They get scratched and go dull !

Saying that though, a company as large as Proctor and Gamble surely would have spent a few quid on R&D for this stuff and surely wouldn't dare put anything that would be detrimental to a car on the market for use on a car.

It might be really good....

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
From what I understand it just takes the minerals out of the water you are spraying onto the car, as thats what leaves water marks, not the water? Im sure is a JML type product thats been in Makro for years, definetly seen it before.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've just washed mine with this Flash thingy as my mate got a couple of free ones and it's ok, didn't really soap up like i thought it would. You still need to go over the car with a sponge and then over witht e water filter.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Quote: posted by ct.p on 20/03/2005 22:47:38

And I'm sure we're all familier with what happens to things put in dishwashers after a while... They get scratched and go dull !

More like a Brita water filter i'd think[;)]

A dishwasher doesnt scratch glass, you do from day to day use. Then the bleach in the dishwasher detergent makes the scratches go white.

Like makedav says, it just cleans the minerals from the water really so it doesnt 'dry dirty'. They arent a new thing by any means, have just never taken off. You can try it out by using the 'spot free rinse' on your local tesco jet wash

·
Registered
638 Posts

Ahh, so the Finish 3 in 1 Lemon tablets go in the dishwasher, not the bucket for the car? lol.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

Saying that though, a company as large as Proctor and Gamble surely would have spent a few quid on R&D for this stuff and surely wouldn't dare put anything that would be detrimental to a car on the market for use on a car.

It might be really good....

"and surely wouldn't dare put anything that would be detrimental to a car on the market for use on a car."

Or anything that they think they can't legally defend should they end up in court.. I should imagine ! [;)][:)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts