Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uwe posted that this would be available in the next version of vagcom, looks like that should keep us busy for a while!!

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Im bringing vagcom. If I have the 0-60 feature depends on when Ross-Tech release the new updated version.

·
Registered
606 Posts
how accurate will this be ?
Absolute accuracy will depend on a number of factors, such as the accuracy of the road speed internal to the car (normally far more accurate than your speedometer needle), how much wheel spin you produce (assuming a standing start) and so on.

The numbers you see above were generated by a 2006 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI, FWD, 6-speed manual (essentially the same as a new GTI), on a run down the quarter mile at Englishtown Raceway Park in New Jersey. The time slip from that run said 16.1 seconds at 89-point-some MPH. So we're within about 2% on that car, and somewhere between one third and half of that error is due to the digital speed signal in the car which reads about 1% low (checked against a GPS). We did three runs that night. Trap speed was consistently within 1 MPH of the time slip and ET was consistently ~0.3s higher. So it's quite repeatable on that particular car. Note: Launches were quite conservative; effectively no wheel-spin which is why the ET's are rotten (driven more agressively, this car should run ~1 second faster).

We hope to publish a Beta version with this feature within a few weeks.

-Uwe-

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you dont mind i may get you to give the car the once over, way you in for your troubles.[;)]
Way me in? lol

Of course I'll run vagcom and check for errors, not a problem at all.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We hope to publish a Beta version with this feature within a few weeks.

-Uwe-
Excellent news!

If thats the case then I'll log against my runs at the 1/4 mile day at Crail and see how they compare.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Will this work with all engine types?

I have a TDI 150bhp with a tuning box and would be interested to see the difference with and without the box.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Will this work with all engine types?
Yep, any engine which has vehicle speed somewhere in the measuring blocks. I don't think I've ever seen one which doesn't, at least not that was made in the last 10 years or so...

-Uwe-

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uwe said within the next two weeks for a beta release.

I should have that for the upcoming 1/4mile sprint day at Crail so I'll see how accurate it is.

·
Registered
606 Posts
For "dyno" numbers based on acceleration, we'd need to know precisely what the mass of the car is, and we have no way to know that. A full tank vs. an empty one can make a 3% difference in mass. Multiply that uncertainty by the uncertainty we already have in the acceleration numbers to get the uncertainty in any "dyno" numbers we could calculate. So at least for the time being, no. Maybe after we get more feedback from the field with regards to the accuracy of the acceleration numbers on various cars. But I make no promises.

-Uwe-

·
Registered
54 Posts
Uwe, thanks for the reasoning there, suppose it'll all add up to give big errors so makes sense in a no vote there.

Keep up the good work, feel a purchase coming on!!!

BB

·
Registered
606 Posts
We're still hoping to get it out this week but want to do some testing on a new RS4 first, which the owner is bringing by this evening. We know we have some issues with the dual ECU's in that car.

Send me an e-mail please. If you have an appropriate Ross-Tech interface, I'll make sure you have something to test with this weekend even if it isn't available to the public.

-Uwe-

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can't do much better than that!
Excellent service again there Uwe, makes me feel happy to have bought a legit interface.

Email on its way.........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts