Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

New Dyno plots for NOS on 150PD

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
7K views 72 replies 29 participants last post by  Josh_PoloGTi 
#1 ·
Went to get the car dyno'd again today following a new remap and a downpipe for the exhaust. Here's the results -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For some reason the computer doesn't always give the peak power figure as shown on the graph. On this occasion the peak power was 231bhp not 228 but who's arguing over 3bhp?

Also for those that are interested my car showed 186bhp last time before the downpipe went on. I know this is a different day etc but I think it shows that the difference is negligible.

So what's next? Well if I get an uprated clutch I could put bigger nitrous injectors in there. Or go down the bigger turbo/cams route and use nitrous occasionally. Maybe I should save up for a house? Who knows, we'll see next year.

See less See more
#10 ·
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/12/2004 20:58:02

I know, the sensible part of the brain says house, the rest doesn't! As for Haldex, not an option really as the floor pan is so different, not worth the money.

It's ok, I've got an angle grinder [:D] we can do it on the cheap! lol

#18 ·
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/12/2004 22:09:44

I have thought about the diff, any idea how much they are?

Not too much tbh, ask JBS i'm sure they supply (and probably fit) Peloquin diffs. For the difference it makes, which is huge, well worth it.

Cheers, Ed

#20 ·
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/12/2004 22:42:26

Will do m8 cheers. Bob with nitrous you don't get any soot because all the fuels being burned properly.

Understand mate (NOS releasing it's O2 etc..) - 'vive la non soot' perhaps?? [:D]

Love to see your buggy go, tho!

#21 ·
Well done M8. Get a 100 shot in, you know you want it.

I'm fairly sure james is getting some peloquins in. Do it, and stop wasting all that power.

Do you need a house? No

Do you need a silly car? Only you can answer that! ( a big yes me thinks)

#24 ·
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/12/2004 23:42:26

Lol, does it really make that much difference and why?

Oh yes! It's almost like doubling the grip you currently have. With an LSD it will distribute most of the torque to the wheel with the most grip at the point traction starts to break, rather than just spinning one side like your car will currently do. Is well worth it and makes driving through the twisties much better, with lots more grip to accelerate out of corners with. Get one, you wont regret it!

#26 ·
345 lb ft torque on the OEM clutch [!]. Still no clutch slip [?].

Impressive figures Nik. I can't imagine the pull of your car with nitrous on, it must be quite frightening to the uninitiated [!]

As much as i love your car, I would have to ask, between a house & car, which will most likely make you money and which will loose it.

As much as i would suggest going the house route, I am sure i am not the only one who would be only to happy to read about your next performance upgrade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.