Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get the car dyno'd again today following a new remap and a downpipe for the exhaust. Here's the results -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For some reason the computer doesn't always give the peak power figure as shown on the graph. On this occasion the peak power was 231bhp not 228 but who's arguing over 3bhp?

Also for those that are interested my car showed 186bhp last time before the downpipe went on. I know this is a different day etc but I think it shows that the difference is negligible.

So what's next? Well if I get an uprated clutch I could put bigger nitrous injectors in there. Or go down the bigger turbo/cams route and use nitrous occasionally. Maybe I should save up for a house? Who knows, we'll see next year.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to but equally I don't want a car that's going to tear itself to pieces and break every 5 minutes.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the wheels stop spinning yes! I put the boot down in second gear on a slightly damp road and went nowhere. 3rd wasn't too bad though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
"wasn't too bad.." !! crikey, that's mad... Get a house next matey... then you'll have somewhere to store the haldex bits til you get them put on [;)] [/hint!]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, the sensible part of the brain says house, the rest doesn't! As for Haldex, not an option really as the floor pan is so different, not worth the money.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wow, very impressive figures Nik, your car must have some shove with all that torque, bet you've surprised quite a few people who thought ?its just a diesel?!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/12/2004 20:58:02

I know, the sensible part of the brain says house, the rest doesn't! As for Haldex, not an option really as the floor pan is so different, not worth the money.

It's ok, I've got an angle grinder [:D] we can do it on the cheap! lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow thats a Tdi not to mess with! Have you thought about a Peloquin diff next to help put all that down?

Cheers, Ed

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/12/2004 20:40:27

When the wheels stop spinning yes! I put the boot down in second gear on a slightly damp road and went nowhere. 3rd wasn't too bad though.

lols. [:D][:D]

Nice one Nik - vive la soot!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/12/2004 22:09:44

I have thought about the diff, any idea how much they are?

Not too much tbh, ask JBS i'm sure they supply (and probably fit) Peloquin diffs. For the difference it makes, which is huge, well worth it.

Cheers, Ed

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do m8 cheers. Bob with nitrous you don't get any soot because all the fuels being burned properly.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/12/2004 22:42:26

Will do m8 cheers. Bob with nitrous you don't get any soot because all the fuels being burned properly.

Understand mate (NOS releasing it's O2 etc..) - 'vive la non soot' perhaps?? [:D]

Love to see your buggy go, tho!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts