Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning folks, WANT TO WIN A COMPLETE HOSE KIT FOR YOUR CAR??!! <o:p></o:p>

On Thursday 9 Feb, the Welsh Air Ambulance service saved my Dad. He had a massive heart attack and the ability to get him to hospital as quickly as they did is the only reason he survived. It's a service I never imagined that we would need but they were there for us when we needed them the most.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

And so this is my way of saying thank you to them and to you.<o:p></o:p>

The service does not get any financial assistance from the government so every penny raised will make a huge difference to them. By clicking on this link you can make a donation: http://www.justgiving.com/SFS-Performance-WelshAirAmbulance The minimum requested is just £2.50 - the average cost of a pint of beer or a pack of sandwiches at lunch time, so please click on the link and donate. <o:p></o:p>

Once you've made a donation, simply post your name in the thread on our page (only if you want to) and once we have hit the target of £1000 we will pick one person at random to win the kit. If we go over we will pick another winner at the next £1000.<o:p></o:p>

Here's a thought - if all our followers donated just this small amount we would raise enough for 7 emergency flight call outs to save lives - you just never know when they might be needed again.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you everyone for your support. <o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
655 Posts
just donated, great news on your fathers recovery and a great service [Y]

its a shame they dont get financial support from the government but with lives saved (witnessed this when i worked abersoch beach patrol) its very important to donate.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They do a fantastic job and provide an essential service. I heard that the reason its run as a charity and not financed by the government is only because then they avoid all the red tape and bureaucracy that that would bring. That's our great British government for you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts