Some changes since i last took pics:

R32 front bumper

OEM mirrors

R-line wheel

Colour coded rear valance and tdi style exhaust

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
That looks fantastic, R32 front looks much better, goes well with the debadged grille.

You forgot to clip your temp sensor back in, I can see it hanging in pic 2 lol [:D]

I think that rear bumper would look great if the bump strips were removed and smoothed?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Sometimes I like the wheels, sometimes I don't.

Do you love them or would you think of putting anything else on?

Looks good though.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sem,

I wondered how long it'd be before someone spotted that hahaha. Good plan on the rear bumper, got some things to get done first but your right that'd look good.

Vedhead,

I had oettinger skirts on my last golf but im not convinved i'd like the look of them on this one. Like always i'll probably change my mind over time LOL.

Thanks for the comments guys [:D]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Looks very smart. I agree with vedhead some side skirts would look good and in line with your new r32 front. Good work though.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
OK, i guess someone had to be negative eventually and i'm sorry but that's got to be me in this case! Personally the wheels aren't to my taste, but having said that, it's not my car is it so i guess that doesn't really matter, at the end of the day it's yours so you do what YOU want mate! Wheels in my opinion though should only ever be made in one colour.... Silver and that's it, nothing else. Oh, you might also want to get rid of the fried egg look with some chrome bulbs. If it had some other wheels on, i think it would look great! [^]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by RJH on 26/12/2004 18:56:41

OK, i guess someone had to be negative eventually and i'm sorry but that's got to be me in this case! Personally the wheels aren't to my taste, but having said that, it's not my car is it so i guess that doesn't really matter, at the end of the day it's yours so you do what YOU want mate! Wheels in my opinion though should only ever be made in one colour.... Silver and that's it, nothing else. Oh, you might also want to get rid of the fried egg look with some chrome bulbs. If it had some other wheels on, i think it would look great! [^]

I'm not sure if i can get rid of the eggy's as they are oem xenons?

Your opinion whether good or bad is more than appreciated [:)]

I have to say though if i did get rials or lemans i would get the centers powdercoated anthracite [8D]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 26/12/2004 19:00:49

Quote: posted by RJH on 26/12/2004 18:56:41

Your opinion whether good or bad is more than appreciated [:)]

I have to say though if i did get rials or lemans i would get the centers powdercoated anthracite [8D]

I'm glad you said that about my comment being appreciated whether good or bad, because i thought it might have sounded a little out of order after reading it, but then i realised that's why people post their pics on here isn't it...

...To get feedback!! That is what helps us improve after all! [^]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 26/12/2004 19:00:49

No you cant, they are an orange double indicator lens with one bulb lighting both units.

I think they look quite good.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Love this car, super stealthy. The only thing I would possibly do is to remove the rear spoiler. I also have to agree with your comments regarding Rials/LMs with anthracite centres.

Also... now I need some RCR's for mine after seeing those... sweet car Chief!

·
Registered
766 Posts
looks great matey, a light tint on the windows would look sweet

looks so different with the 32 bumper on the front, very grrrrrrrrrr[8D][8D]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
As always, chief, some lovely looking pics... but would recommend swapping over the sidelight to something whiter/bluer, if you can? Love the wheels, btw

And this might be a stupid question.... but what is the thing we can see hanging down from underneath the nearside bumper/valance in most pics?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The temp sensor Cat...

I also like the orange when they're on OEM xenons...otherwise the clear looks better but it just makes them stand out more in this case I think.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice car, rear valance deffo needs something to bring it into alignment with the front, but like RJH the wheels do nothing for me in that colour they make the car look unfinshed, they need to be silver.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Chief, YOU R THE CHIEF!!!!!!![:D], your front end looks wicked, exactly what i,m going to do, i see that youve had the crescent in the bonnet properly filled and sprayed as well, by the way what debadged grill is it that youve got ?, is it a JOM one?, also did you have to have the crescent in the r32 front bumper filled up or did the debadged grill bottom slat cover it up?, also are you going to fit a r32 raer bumper and side skirts?.

Great work!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts