Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several delays we got there in the end. Guessing my username is pretty inacurate now tho[:D]

What a fantastic car to drive [:D][:D][:D]

Posted Image

·
Registered
15 Posts
hope you got deep pockets for the oil you have to buy.

every 2 tanks of fuel you must check the oil(top gear featured the rx8 and that was they said) looks the business though mate

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hope you got deep pockets for the oil you have to buy.

Oil's not a the problem, I've had Fords that drop more out the bottom than the 8 will use [:D] Its the rate the fuel gauge falls thats alarming, especially as I've come from a pd130[B)]

The rotary engine is such a simple piece of engineering. No valves or camshafts or associated chains and belts. In fact if you ignore the ancillary parts the engine itself has only three moving parts compared to over 40 in a conventional piston engine.

Although it might be simple in action its not easy to explain how it actually works but theres a excellent explanation on http://auto.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine.htm

I always wanted a rx7 when i was younger so I'm dead chuffed now.

[:D]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Lovely motor mate, in the best colour too IMO [:D]

Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 26/09/2004 19:53:43

Very very sexy car. See you didn't get the pink & orange plates then (what's that all about anyway?)

Usually when someone has forgot to remove the protective film from their new plates....! [;)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by Beddie on 26/09/2004 21:00:34

Very very sexy car. See you didn't get the pink & orange plates then (what's that all about anyway?)

Usually when someone has forgot to remove the protective film from their new plates....! [;)]

Effing 'ell - are you joking?? How stoopid. Funny I've only seen it on RX8s though

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 26/09/2004 21:54:33

Quote: posted by Beddie on 26/09/2004 21:00:34

Effing 'ell - are you joking?? How stoopid. Funny I've only seen it on RX8s though

Well we are a load of [email protected][:D]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
My mate picked up his new DARK blue pearl one last week. Apparently the first on the road in the UK........unless anyone has seen another one!! V ery nice, but doesn't half pump out some heat!! Even at cruise, when you get out, its stinking hot!

·
Registered
703 Posts
wow, love the car... i have the same colour on my Mazda3, if i could have stretched to ?20k the RX-8 was what I would go for as it fits the bill soo very well. (though a Cooper S comes close and is cheaper to run).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by simch on 26/09/2004 22:31:51

My mate picked up his new DARK blue pearl one last week. Apparently the first on the road in the UK........unless anyone has seen another one!! V ery nice, but doesn't half pump out some heat!! Even at cruise, when you get out, its stinking hot!

There's a guy round my way that has one. He picked it up on the 1st Sept. Apparently the Strato blue ones were s'posed to be for demo only but due to the fact that theres a 6 month waiting list for brand new orders and it looks stunning in that blue I think a few dealers have just sold them [:)] Although I think this first batch of Strato's are only the 'low power' ones.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote: posted by NikB on 27/09/2004 08:21:39

Nice car mate, like these since I first saw them in Xmen 2.

It looks pretty good when Britney gets out of one in her latest vid as well [:)] But that might be how she's dressed[:I]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
4Pot could you take a snap of the interior when you get a second mate? I really like the 8, gotta admit. Savage colour and wheels are gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts