1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite peeps well here she is...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its a a-190 avantgarde spec.. nice clean car and a lot more faster than my tdi was..

Comments welcome good or bad..

Sat [y]

p.s. I'm getting some 17" AMG wheels for it, some light smoke tints and a tad of lowering with a twin pipe backbox..

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drives mint mate.. propper smooth.. the power for a small car is quite nice aswell.. as when dropping down from 4th to 2nd and footing it the car breaks the traction control and just flys..lol... overall im happy with the car as its a nice all round motor..

Thanks Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like a micro machine, i don't think i'd fit my left foot in that. Whats the power output?
the power output is 125bhp but it only weighs about 1.05 tonnes.. so a good power to weight ratio.. 0-60 = 8.4s so just slightly quicker or on par with a v5 170bhp.. but im planning on a full flow system and maybe an CAI and a remap should see about 140-145bhp

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No disrespect but

Why

Just seems an odd choice for a car enthuiast...
To tell you the truth i was sceptical about it at first but the more you drive it the more you like it for some reason.. the seat posistion is nice/comfortable etc.. the gearbox is wicked.. nice and smooth gear changes..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Does it rattle and squeak? I know two girls that have had them and I think Merc built them blindfolded. The fit and finish was appalling. These were probably earlier ones than yours but have they sorted that out? I remember the plastics being very cheap as well.

But they do look nice from the outside, if a little mumsy.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does it rattle and squeak? I know two girls that have had them and I think Merc built them blindfolded. The fit and finish was appalling. These were probably earlier ones than yours but have they sorted that out? I remember the plastics being very cheap as well.

But they do look nice from the outside, if a little mumsy.
nah not yet (touchs wood) lol.. the interior is better aswell (due to the avantgarde spec) but not better than my golf mk4 which had the heated seats etc..

if anyone wants a set of heated sports seat in grey pm me [:D]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks a bit too ordinary at the moment. Add some tints, big alloys, and perhaps debadge - then it'll look [H]
Tints gonna get done as soon as i sell some bits off my mk4.. so come on people buy my stuff [:p]

I'm gonna go euro on my a-class as its already got smooth bumpers [:p] i'm looking for a set of 17" amg wheels with wider rears so i can achieve that stretched look and slam it on coilovers and add some pipes at the back [:D].. also ive debadged the rear already..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
how old are you 18 or 80...

What do the girls say about it? Oooh thats a nice practical family car... [;)]

I'm sure it is a nice car but a bit of an odd choice?

But it takes all sorts and everyone has different opinions!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how old are you 18 or 80...

What do the girls say about it? Oooh thats a nice practical family car... [;)]

I'm sure it is a nice car but a bit of an odd choice?

But it takes all sorts and everyone has different opinions!
no comment [:$] lol nah im 18

and to tell you the truth the girls like it they say its really nice and 'cute' lol

The sole reason i went for it as it was either this or an e46 318 2.0litre engine with no power or this a-190 with more power and a grandad drive [:D]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
out of interest, how much did that set you back?
cost me ?5100 which inc service/12months tax/ 12 months m.o.t/ 12 months 5 star warranty with RAC which allows up to a ?2000 claim and a set of mats and a full tank of petrol [;)] + it was from an ex mercedes benz dealership and its only got 43k on the clock on a W 2000

Sat [y]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
unusual choice, but I reckon euro'd will look great mate, I thought about getting one for the missus and doing the same thing then i wouldn't mind driving it.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.