Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking around for new bumper at the mo. what are the standard bumpers on golfs made from? the one i have seen and want is made from poly-urethane,  is this any good or not?? thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
I believe they are polyurethane, which is a strong hard plastic.

Avoid fibreglass bumpers, they're really flimsy and will crack very easily if you ever hit anything with them.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought so.

thats good news, bumper i want is not fiberglass [:p] [:D]

what do people think of this bumper/cooler, its from abd. is it wise to run car with cooler exposed like that?! what bout stones flicking up?

Posted Image

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i saw it i liked it, but thought bout it all last nite, and now i'm toying with idea of r32 bumper! which works out slighty cheeper. then woke up again this morn and thought go with the abd! [:|]

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i do like the agressive look, but is it safe to run with the intercooler exposed that much?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Its not ideal but i don't think its too much of a problem. Evo's have
to have theirs exposed in the same place and my mates RX7 has a
similarly exposed row of coolers - oil, water and air.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like i'm gona part with some more cash! once next weeks wages are in i'l order the bumper and the intercooler. noticed that the cooler is on offer at mo! (if site is stil up to date!) so should save a bit. if it comes to the worst i'm sure i can find a way to protect the cooler! once i've fited it all wil post some pics up!

·
Registered
730 Posts
i thought so.

what do people think of this bumper/cooler, its from abd. is it wise to run car with cooler exposed like that?! what bout stones flicking up?

Posted Image
Thats not an ABD bumper, it's a Rieger RRX, I have one in my garage waiting to be sprayed and fitted after i've filled those awful fog light holes.

The fmic is by ABD.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh right, i found it on a site, advertised as an abd bumper! cheers for that, where did you get yours? i'm gona shop around now, sure i could get a better price than abd's! [:D]

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
i thought so.

Posted Image
I like the style of the bumper, OEM+ look about it, but not keen on the big gaping hole at the front. Can you get a mesh or grille for that ?

That bonnet looks like it been extended and with that one bar grille, looks very nice indeedy !!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
powerhorse, if you get yours fitted before i do let me know how it goes! hoping they fit pretty good!

·
Registered
730 Posts
i have heard the bumper is a bit of a pig to fit, luckily i won't be doing it, i'll leave that to the guys that will paint it.

also the bumper comes with mesh for the three gaps.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea thats the place i found it cheeper. stil cant decide on that or the r32 bumper!  i saw a r today and it made me doubt the other!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts