Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

As you can probably tell, i'm new to this site and the forums, therefore I feel a little introduction is in hand.

My names Craig, and i'm 18 years old, soon to be 19 in October. I live in Bury, Manchester, and I work as a Trainee Accountant.

I have just treated myself to a VW Golf GT TDI 115, and I am head over heals in love with it! I had a Rover 25 before this, with minor modifications such as alloy wheels and an MG ZR spoiler, and at the time, I thought that was the dogs nuts......Untill I found my Tornado Red MK4!

I do have plans for modifying the car, and I am going to be aiming for a nice all round subtle style, colour coded valances, light tints, a GTI spoiler and perhaps some angel eye headlamps. And of course, a remap!

So, I look forward to meeting you all on these forums, learning from you, and possibly attending some get to gethers in the future.

Regards,

Craig.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate!

Spotless car you've got there! [:D]

..................... apar from the mark on the passenger seat [:p][;)]

p.s. I can't talk! Mine has beige cloth and is FILTHY! [:$][:S]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm also a trainee accountant!

Nice car, the GT TDi's are cool, i had a 130 up until February when i brought a beamer but didn't get on with that so reverted back to a Golf.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

R32, How do you find life as a Trainee Accountant? I only started 6 weeks ago after finishing college, but so far I love it! Private message me if you wish.

Regards,

Craig.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well i started with the firm i'm with after leaving college like you when i was 18. I've been working there nearly three years now and i do really enjoy it (that sounds really sad!). Will you be studying for exams? I completed my AAT in February and am just about to start ACCA which will take me about three years from now to complete. I've also recently just been told that when i'm qualified as ACCA that i will do a further years study to become CTA (a Chatered Tax Advisor) which i'm really looking forward to doing.

The only downside i find to the job is the extra work you have to put in with going to college in the evenings and at weekends but when you think that your getting a really good qualification which isn't costing you anything its worth it.

Jo

·
Registered
29 Posts
LOL, well there's a few reasons i can afford the insurance:

I'm a girl, i'm over 21, i'm a home owner, i have 3 years no claims and my boyfriend is a named driver on my policy which brings it down as he's older than me.

Jo

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Im 21 in a few months.... I drive a 1.4, and even with both my parents on, I cant get better than around ?750 with quotes Ive been getting now! No convictions or speeding fines etc.... Whats wrong with the world!!!

Lol, oh well... [:)]

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
thats bad price! who u with? i will have 1 year no claims in october! (no fines or convictions of claims ever) and i reckon i'll be paying around ?800 - ?900 annual fully comp cover! with quinn direct at the mo

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Endsleigh Student Policy at the moment... Ill have 2 years no claims when I come to renew! Im thinking I need to get some phoning round done and see if I can better that price! I wouldnt mind... Ive only got one mod on the policy at the moment too! The alloy wheels which cost a staggering......... ?10 extra.. lol [:)]

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Jo,

I will indeed be studying for my AAT. That starts in September, and I will be entering at the Intermediate level.

I studied Accounting as an AS level last year and really took a shine to it. When I then heard about AAT and ACCA, I knew that is what I wanted to do. Being paid full time, and having all our study paid for isn't a bad deal is it!

In regards to the insurance question, I'm with Marks & Spencer, i'm 18 and on the policy with my mum. We both have protected no claims and mine is ?700 a year on a MK4 Golf GT TDI 115.

Regards,

Craig.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cool, i started at Intermediate level too. I sit my first ACCA exams in December. No the whole package we get isn't a bad deal at all really. If you ever need any help give me a shout.

Are you studying with FTC?

I reckon you should def save up to get your car chipped. I had my 130 done by Awesome GTI store and the difference was amazing. Also it's really cool pissing people off by overtaking them leaving a trail of black smoke behind you [:)]. My 130 was 170bhp and 298 ft lb torque when i had it put on a rolling road. The best part was that i didn't have to travel to Awesome to get it done either, it was all done by post.

Jo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts