Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is now new anni wheels, which differ slighty in colour avalible from VW.

These wheel must have a different coating as to prevent corrosion as on the existing ones.

So if only 2 wheels are corroding then VW will replace all 4 under warranty so that they match.

If your existing anni wheels begin to corrode after your 3 year warranty expires then you need to contact VW Customer Care & there seems to be a strong possibility that they will change all four for the new style anni wheels.

Hope this is of some help to all you anni owners on here.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Interesting, are they darker or lighter in colour than the originals?

I shall quiz my stealer about this on Wednesday as my car is booked in for some warranty work.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New wheels look exactly the same but just with a different finish I think.

We have not had any pictures for VW yet, probably wont get any either will just have to wait & seem them once we get a set in stock.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Bloody genius !!

VW and BBS have had 3 years to sort this out.
Then BBS suddenly realise they sell the same wheel (in Halfrauds etc) but painted, so they have brainwave and suggest they fit them instead 'cos actually they are 99.9% the same anyway!

TWITS (ha! censor that)

·
Registered
406 Posts
In fact that really pisses me off.

I spent 12 months campaigning for TWO sets of wheels on my Anni.

Much misery and distress (and a lot of very delicate washing that did nothing to halt the "worm")

Would probably still have my lovely Anni if I hadn't been driven insane by the wheels and then VW stealerships and VW Customer [don't]Care !!

Posted Image

Gone but not forgotten [:'(]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Just a thought if the original anni wheels are just laquered, why dont you just laquer them some more and apply

a good few coats of wax at the same time?? Just thinks it sounds more logical, or even get them stripped and polished,

but they would be a right bar-steward to polish me thinks.

Sonny

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Ok just spoke to my stealer - they inspected my wheels on Friday, see post here:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/292962/ShowPost.aspx

They had the news from VW this morning and have already ordered me in a set of 4 alloys!!

Apparently all the old corroded alloys have been refurbed, i.e. shot blasted down to bare metal, painted with a similar effect to the original Anni alloys and lacquered.

VW are now offering an exchange policy on Anni wheels - all 4 alloys and centre caps must be replaced in exchange for a full set of un-kerbed original alloys.

Lets just hope the finish is decent and theer isn't much different to the original burnished alloys.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thank god for that! My warranty runs out in october so i shall be on the phone to VW tomorrow to order my new wheels! WOO HOO!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got mine replaced on Saturday, impressed at the wheels, but not at the service. Took 4 bloody hours to replace them - 4 hours, I mean, it takes me 2 hrs to replace 4 HGV split rims, and thems a bugger!!

If VW have replaced the old rims with a 'revamped' version then billy bonus, but when I spoke to the VW warranty person at my local dealer they said that the new wheels carry a 12 month warranty also, so if they are the older version, they can expect me back in 11 months!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've got the part number at work so I'll post it tomorrow morning!

I called VW customer care and yes this info is correct so I'm well impressed, all 4 alloys and centre caps are on order and I'll get a fone call for a date with the stealers!

Whoopie no more corrosion no more wasting time and money! [:D]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
My stealer placed the order at around 12:30 today and VW have already exhausted their stock!!

Mine are now on back order [:'(]

The part number for these new wheels is 1J0 601 025 AX WAR

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mate at work is on his 2nd set of anni alloys. Told him about the new wheels so he rang Wigan stealer, they had the memo about the wheels this morning so they agreed to order him a set. 10 mins later, called back, can only find 1 in stock at VW, so have placed on back order. He isn't holding his breath!

·
Registered
406 Posts
My stealer placed the order at around 12:30 today and VW have already exhausted their stock!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Anni was a limited edition right?
So 1,800 x 4 corners (keeping it simple OK?) = 7,200 wheels

SO ORDER THEM IN YO' MUPPETS [:cool:]

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got mine replaced at the beginning of July.............I hope mine are the new version[:^)]

So ya reckon they'll have a 12 month warranty anyway?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got mine replaced at the beginning of July.............I hope mine are the new version[:^)]

So ya reckon they'll have a 12 month warranty anyway?
They won't be the new one's if it was at the begginning of July, they have just been realesed.

You will probably have to wait till your new set start to corrode then get them changed for the new set.........maybe worth going & speaking to your dealer about it.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts