Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a laptop but it's bloody massive, weighs a ton and has a rubbish battery life

Anyone have any recommendations for a netbook ? Or are they not worth it ? I have a small budget and it's gotta be lightweight

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i recently got a toshiba nb250, i would strongly recomend it, good size hard drive and ram and theres so many deals regarding getting money of norton anti virus when you buy one that you can't really go wrong, plus it weighs hardley anything

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I was going to opt for the nc10 however the little atom processors arn't brilliant and I wanted to ensure I could do vagcom logs and vagtacho with it.

Ended up buying a 13" toshiba with a LCD back lit display and was about £50 more expensive than the notebook and it is still tiny and VERY portable

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
I've been using an NC10 for getting on for 2 years and it still is fantastic. I'm not sure if the current ones are the same spec though there must be newer Samsung models.

It sits perfectly on the arm of my sofa to let me browse whilst watching the tv and sitting with the Mrs. I don't use it for anything too taxing so it's fine for just web use. Battery life is great and the keyboard is a joy to use. It does sometimes bug me that the screen size is so small and I think I might replace it with an 11" or 12" screen.

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
I seem to recall a thread about netbooks not that long ago and Asus seemed to be a good buy.

Regarding Toshiba, my laptop is a Toshiba and it's been superb.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I got an Asus 1005HA N280 processor and upgraded the ram to 2GB. Thinking of selling it as don't use it because of iPhone and missus has 12" netbook too! Lovely machine in White with windows 7. Great for spotify and wireless web and VCDS on the driveway!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ended up getting a few more £ from work and bought a 14" Packard Bell.

3GB Ram, 250GB Hard drive, 3MB Cache, 4 hour battery life and weighs 2.2kg

Not what I set out to go for but when I had a look at the netbooks, I decided the screen was too small

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
I have a samsung nc10 but the screen is dodgy as i dropped it [brick]

Battery life on them is awesome but i have bought a bigger screen samsung laptop now for use at home and still use the nc10 for doing vagcom on the car and a few other bits outside the home. Just have to play about with the screen to get it to work okay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts