Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have read I've now got needle sweep at startup working properly in my car........

If there's enough interest I'm going to to start making these in small quantities,so I need everyone that's interested in buying one to put their name down please.I'm looking at a price of about £30 each to start with (with resistors selling for £15 I reckon this is a real bargain[:DD]).

What I still need to do is to make a complete unit to the final design and test it in my own car for at least a couple of weeks before I feel confident enough to release them into the big wide world,so don't put your name down expecting to have one fitted to your car by this coming weekend.

I won't be able to make them plug and play because the cost of buying all the relevant connectors will make the whole thing prohibitively expensive,so instead they'll be eight seperate wires that you'll have to connect by hand by soldering or crimping.

These will work on any mk.4 Golfs or Boras with K line diagnostics,so very roughly all pre 2002 cars SHOULD still be on K line,cars made after this time with full CAN-BUS won't be suitable.

So a list of those people interested as soon as possible would be nice please.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris do you want payment or a deposit up front for parts?
Not until I know the production version works I won't be taking any money.Should have it in the car by this weekend if I can get my act together.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so currently on the "Can I have one please" list is.....

Stu Tate
Spinks (but probably not)
Vwgtiking
simonsneyd
B4DVW
breeden4556 (apparantly he's keen)
murg (first post and he wants one already!)
steveprince7 (easyfit version needed)
Rstevo

........any more?

how do we ascertain if we're k-line or can-bus?
Take the cluster out and refer the part number to the cluster guide in the FAQ section.

Chris.

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Stupid question but what is it for? [:cool:]

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stupid question but what is it for?
Absolutely bugger all is what it's about,and after CAIs it's officially the most pointless mod ever[:DD].On some high end cars and sportsbikes they do this every time on startup as an instrument test,and any cars with CAN-BUS controlled clusters can be made to do it whilst connected to diagnostic equipment.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My car's a 2000, so think it is pre-CAN. If I were to fit the Immo3 bora sport clocks I have, then do you know if this mod would still work?

If so, count me in!

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My car's a 2000, so think it is pre-CAN. If I were to fit the Immo3 bora sport clocks I have, then do you know if this mod would still work?

If so, count me in!
It goes in line with the wiring loom to the clocks,so will still work even if you change the clocks.

Chris.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts