Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car gives you a couple of mins to open the door and turn the ignition on or it locks all the doors again (regardless of whether any of the doors have been opened or not). It has now caught us out a number of times and has locked the keys in the car. The first time it did it, we had our little girl in the car when she was 3 years old and strapped into the car seat! The car has just done it again this morning and I ended up having to break a window to get in and even then it would not let me open the door from the inside handles. I could only get back in by managing to get the keys out of the ignition with a long hook. Enough is enough of this madness and I desperately want to remove this auto-locking system or feature if anybody had any ideas? Worse come to the worse, I will pull all the fuses out for the central locking.

Also, is anybody breaking a Mk4 Golf close to Derby or Notts? I desperately need a rear door window now.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'd imagine it's possible to disable it by changing the CCM coding using VCDS.

The underlying issue is a fault with the car not recognising doors as open - the doors shouldn't re-lock if any door has been opened.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like the door switch (which turns the interior light on) would be worth checking first then. Damn, it was a bad day having to take a hammer to my own car window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts