Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

ive been advised that i need the services of a vagcom software owner, [:D]why?

Problem;[:(]

delocked the car due to smashed door lock barrel, now cant unlock the car unless i climb throu boot; very embarrasing in supermarket/ town centre carpark

Brought a BRAND NEW 2 button remote keyfob already got the blade cut to fit ignition so car starts but cuts out using it on the standard key.

Im based in north cambridgeshire, dont mind travelling 60miles to get it sorted for a price.

please help,

thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got the basic standard key, as when i brought the car it didnt come with remote key

instead of replacing the barrel i brought a new remote key and delocked the door

thanks

·
Registered
915 Posts
yep thats all done through vag com you will need your secret key code so i believe you will need someone with another program to retrieve that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got a chap off ebay to cut the blade all he required was a decent picture of the key, do u think he might have the 4 digit security code? or would i need to call the main dealers up?

thanks

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
well i got a chap off ebay to cut the blade all he required was a decent picture of the key, do You think he might have the 4 digit security code? or would i need to call the main dealers up?

thanks
No, the only code he can supply is the key code (for the cutting of the key) so you can then order a new key without the picture. If you want to code the immobiliser transponder then you'll need the cars Secret Key Code (SKC) which is either on a plastic tag supplied with the car when new, or dealers computer linked to HQ, or someone with Vag Tacho to retrieve the code from your car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just rang a dealer up he said he cant give it unless i buy the key from him as its no use to me, told him i already brought a key and just need the key code, do they have to give the key number?

i'ii try a few others

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
Dealers can be gits. They don't have to do it for you, and as he said if you were buying the key from them then they would be obliged to. Best ask someone with Vag Tacho if they can do it for a few beers. If you can find a dealer willing to do it then they could well charge you an hours labour, £70 upwards.

·
Registered
692 Posts
cream2cream - where are you based? I'm near to Grantham, south lincs and should be able to retrieve your SKC and program your key. PM me

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
Click the "Contact" button just underneath the users name. The bit where it says "Quote" - "Reply" - "Favourites" - "Contact".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts