Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as per title, does anyone know where i can get my rear arches rolled? I fitted my Custom QS`s on tonight coz the missis is moaning about them in the house, and the rears are rubbing. Any help would be cool, ill pop some pics up of them in a bit. it looks hench! [:D]

·
A4 Avant 2.0TFSI Quattro S-Line Special Edition
2,208 Posts

[lol-lol]

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
Aaahh didn't read the bit about the rears properly.We've got a proper arch rolling machine that bolts onto the wheel hub with a roller on the end,it SHOULD be able to push the lip outwards by a small amount.

What we always warn people though is that the paint could flake off even if it's heated first to soften it.

Chris.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahaha i wish!! tho i have done many a install in that underground garage! do get some funny looks when the interior is taking up the surround 2 parking spaces! lol

mite try and get your to roll em Chris... i only need maybe 2mm max i think. ill look properly in the day light.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
I know I've said it before but..

raise the back end 8-10mm

Make the gap on the rear the same as the front. Not only will it solve the problem, it'll look to be sat nicer too [y]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i could raise it but i will be running air as soon as funds allow. so i mite as well get them flared no?? yes.

I will look properly in the day light as the rub is so slight it mite just be the arch liner. ill report back when i know.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Am running 15mm spacers on the rears and 5mm on the front, am lowered about 40mm, tyre size 225/40/18s and av never had any trouble with rubbing. How low are you running more than me a take it?

Wheels looking awesome by the way [clap]

1 - 20 of 66 Posts