Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok peeps, i`m in need of more power as those saxo`s are still too close for comfort when the little chav gets up your bum.

i`m currently revo`d, samco tip, cabonio cai, de car 2.5" dp, custom 2.5" dp back, bailey dv.

i have a k03 s in my garage so will the next stage be fitting this?

what other options are open to me? need more!!!! [:eek:)]

·
Registered
219 Posts
looks like u got the power mate .. i cant imagine how saxos are keepin up with ya .. mind u .. i got a standard 1.8T .. only had it a month, i raced a Saxo C2 54reg last night ..!! cained him in the end, but he was close up until i changed to third which is when i anialated him haha !!

how about fitting bigger turbo, intercooler then upping the boost .. surely ull get more power from that

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yer was thinking about a bigger intercooler. there so much money though its unreal. u know of any goin cheap?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Don't think it'd be worth your while fitting an uprated intercooler unless you uprate the turbo too. For the extra 3-4hp it'd give on your current set-up it's a small increase for a fair old wedge. I'd wait till you've got a bigger turbo if I was you.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
445 Posts
fit the ko3s it will give you the kick in the back your after.also it will hold the boost much longer. mr saxo will have is ass kicked

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by Starry on 30/01/2005 17:07:04

fit the ko3s it will give you the kick in the back your after.also it will hold the boost much longer. mr saxo will have is ass kicked

with the k03 s is it a simple bolt on item? it off a seat leon 1.8t and i`m told that it is. i`ve got to cut the gay muffler thingy off it though.

will the revo need retuning? can this be done. my engine code is agu non dbw

·
Registered
219 Posts
hey starry .. is that an R32 bumper ?? if so .. where can ya get em ??

also, is that the only body part youve changed ?? or have u changed the side skirts and rear bumper ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
hey starry .. is that an R32 bumper ?? if so .. where can ya get em ??

also, is that the only body part youve changed ?? or have u changed the side skirts and rear bumper ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Quote: posted by ollie on 30/01/2005 13:54:59

ok peeps, i`m in need of more power as those saxo`s are still too close for comfort when the little chav gets up your bum.

Fit a towing ball. When the idiot is so close you can't see his lights jab the brakes.[:D]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by beerboy on 30/01/2005 19:57:26

Quote: posted by ollie on 30/01/2005 13:54:59

Fit a towing ball. When the idiot is so close you can't see his lights jab the brakes.[:D]

cheers mate lol[B)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by ollie on 30/01/2005 17:32:51

with the k03 s is it a simple bolt on item? it off a seat leon 1.8t and i`m told that it is. i`ve got to cut the gay muffler thingy off it though.

will the revo need retuning? can this be done. my engine code is agu non dbw

Revo dont write a code for the AGU / KO3s combo, it will still run OK with the K03s but you will not get the full potential from it.

TimSims has a K03s on his AGU so it may be worth you having a chat with him.

You will have to go for a 'custom' (lol) remap from the likes of Jabbasport.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah but that`ll then cost me another 500 quid won`t it. bugger. what would they alter, would the boost be higher?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by ollie on 30/01/2005 22:54:18

yeah but that`ll then cost me another 500 quid won`t it. bugger. what would they alter, would the boost be higher?

Maybe and it will request it for longer.

Tim is using a boost vlave with good results though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
or you can get a 15" exhaust and some under car neons. Im sure they'd give you 50bhp extra and shave 3 secs off your 0-62. On a serious note, you seem to have the right mods on the car so it seems strange a saxo is keeping up

·
Registered
445 Posts
vinny the r32 bumper was from a mate who works in the body shop at the steelers and it came in on a smashed 32 and he repaired it and gave me it.i needed it to be able to fit my intercooler behind. i will be looking to put some skirts on but not sure which ones as i dont want a 32 rep.

Starry....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts