Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a car charger for my phone but my cig lighter wont work, few weeks ago i had a cheap and nasty car charger when plugged in made crackling noises so threw it away and i think it may have blown a fuse. But tried looking around and came across couple fuse box diagrams. it said fuse 24 so i changed this with another 10 amp fuse to see if it worked but no it didnt but now im getting a airbag failure come up when i start the car.

I've changed both fuses which are 24 and 42 with both brand new 10 amp fuses but it doesnt seem to work. i've been used the right hand side fusebox as u open the bonnet and cant seem to find the others?

Am i changing the right fuses in the right boxes?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
"Stand away from the car"

Did you move the seat ? this can set the Airbag warning light off.

Best bet is to remove old lighter and buy a ebay one, They are cheap. then make sure your changing the right fuse.

Never use cheap chargers !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope dont think i moved the seat, erm wouldnt it be better to change the right fuse 1st before buying another one? can i swap with the one in the boot as i never use that and that works fine or are they both on the same fuse?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
same

There is a issue when moving the seat back etc it can set off the airbag warning light

just had mine turned off atfer 4 months !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts