Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving home from work today and my exhaust emission lamp came on flashing at first then just stayed on since, i've tried getting on the combi display and getting into the main menu but it won't let me for some reason i pressed the rocker switch in for more than 2 seconds but nothing comes up no main menu or anything just stays on mpg reading can anyone please help as i've just bought the car and worried something might be wrong ???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i forgot to mention that two days before this i was messing with the air box cleaning the panel filter and had to unplug the maf sensor if this makes any relevance!

·
Registered
515 Posts
No idea mate but might help if you post up what engine it is and what spec the car is; i.e. 2002 Golf 1.8 GTI Turbo 150bhp AUG

Ash

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Hi mate sorry to hear of your problems, ive never even heard of an exhaust emmision warning lamp so i cant help you on that matter.

What i may be able to help you on is getting more replies to your post......

1 ......First up as ASHeuro4 says .... give details of your car, ideally fill in details on the controll pannel.

2 ..... Get rid of the gay style pic of you and your 'mate/boyfriend' showing each other man love. I suspect that alone will help get a few more responses.

Jay.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Hi mate sorry to hear of your problems, ive never even heard of an exhaust emmision warning lamp so i cant help you on that matter.

1 ......First up as ASHeuro4 says .... give details of your car, ideally fill in details on the controll pannel.

2 ..... Get rid of the gay style pic of you and your 'mate/boyfriend' showing each other man love. I suspect that alone will help get a few more responses.

Jay.
Posted Image

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
poker pro, the picture is of my brother who passed away last year so it will be staying sorry!!!!
Fair enough mate, sorry to hear about your loss .... understandable keeping the pic knowing that.

Did you buy the car with the recent turbo that got replaced?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i had this not long ago same engine code and mine came on when i put 95 ron petrol in cos ive got it mapped at 97ron and when i ran out and re filled with 97ron it dissappeared i dont care what people say that its not possible but thats what happened to me so you used any new petrol thats alot different to what you usaully do?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
poker pro, the picture is of my brother who passed away last year so it will be staying sorry!!!!
Fair enough mate, sorry to hear about your loss .... understandable keeping the pic knowing that.

Did you buy the car with the recent turbo that got replaced?
no mate i ended up getting another one! i'm just worried about driving it to work with that light on in the book it says if exhaust emission light comes on drive slowly to nearest garage grrr

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had this not long ago same engine code and mine came on when i put 95 ron petrol in cos ive got it mapped at 97ron and when i ran out and re filled with 97ron it dissappeared i dont care what people say that its not possible but thats what happened to me so you used any new petrol thats alot different to what you usaully do?
i only purchaes the car 2 weeks ago so don't really know what they used i've been using ultima unleaded!

·
Registered
6,746 Posts

Jay.
Thankfully i have no problem apologizing at once.

Seen as it was not meant to be offensive in any way, im pretty confident Tevez will forgive me and not take offence.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so after vw checking the car over today come back with these faults!

1- air intake pipe where dump valve has been fitted is split [engine light on]

2- drive shaft boot-right side inner damaged

they quoted me £315 for parts and labour and this to me sounds minor what you think???

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
They are jobs you dont need VW to do for you, they will charge too much by far.

Replace the split pipe yourself, find replacement part online/breakers/wherever it will be an easy fix.

Find a local garage to do the cv boot (or a mechanic mate).

Should cost less than half the price VW quoted you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah got a mate who can do the cv boot and looking for the intake pipe at breakers yard is it hard to fit a cv boot?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts