Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must confess, i didnt really like the 'Underground' games..... they
just played naff, handling was awful and i got bored quickly. The one
game i did like however was the previous game to those, Hot Pursuit.

They've took the best elements of both and made a really really good
game!! Thoroughly enjoyable and the way the police are involved in
races is a great idea.

And a minor thing it may be, but it has the BEST engine noises ive ever
heard in a game..... cars like the 911 and Gallardo sound positively
stunning!

Thumbs up!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Just been out and purchased this for my PSP. Must say it's 10x better than the Underground version.

Suppose it's an added bonus that one of the starting vehicles is a MkV GTi.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hmm 3 weeks off at Chistmas... Wonder if i should buy this for the PS2? I hope they have a Type-R or 3 in it!

Answer no. not even a skyline. that is p**s poor if you ask me.

Here's the car list:

Aston Martin DB9

Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro

Audi TT 3.2 V6 Quattro

BMW M3 GTR (race)

BMW M3 GTR (street)

Caddilac CTS

Chevrolet Cobalt SS

Chevrolet Corvette C6

Chevrolet Corvette C6-R

Dodge Viper SRT-10

Fiat Grande Punto

Ford GT

Ford Mustang GT

Lamborghini Gallardo

Lamborghini Murcielago

Lexus IS300

Lotus Elise

Mazda RX-7

Mazda RX-8

McLaren Mercedes-Benz SLR

Mercedes-Benz CLK-500

Mercedes-Benz SL500

Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG

Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

Pontiac GTO

Porsche 911 Carrera S

Porsche 911 GT2

Porsche 911 Turbo S

Porsche Carrera GT

Porsche Cayman S

Renault Clio V6

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Toyota Supra

Vauxhall Monaro VXR

Volkswagen Golf GTI (mk5)http://www.nd4spdworld.com/nfsmw/cars/04-32.jpg

·
Registered
643 Posts
Great game - great fun - ordered the black edition from CD-Wow for ?26.99 inc free delivery.

·
Registered
861 Posts
defo ten times better than underground.

Got it for the pc and the graphics rock when you pump up the settings.

using asus a8n-sli premium, 64bit xp4000, 2*6600gt's overclocked, with 2gig pc3500 kingston hyper X. Still using windows xp because 64 bit still not happy with all my games/software.

must have pc games if you have a graphics card that can hack the pace: Battlefield 2, nfs most wanted, call of duty 2, quake 4, Half Life 2, doom3, tiger woods pga tour 06, far cry & FEAR.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
like the list of games, just recently I've been playing Quake4 (completed), COD2 (completed), far cry, area51, half life2. I've got Need for speed, F.E.A.R. and battle field 2 to install yet.

Been playing these on an Athlon 2400, 512Mb ram, abit otes Ti 4200 graphics card. Most of the games run OKish sometimes a bit laggy.

Bout time I had an upgrade I think

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
using asus a8n-sli premium, 64bit xp4000, 2*6600gt's overclocked, with 2gig pc3500 kingston hyper X.

must have pc games if you have a graphics card that can hack the pace: Battlefield 2, nfs most wanted, call of duty 2, quake 4, Half Life 2, doom3, tiger woods pga tour 06, far cry & FEAR.
thats some system you have there. ytou must be able to max out the settings on any game available at the mo

i agree with a few of those games...definately HL2 and FEAR...just finished FEAR this weekend...that is one goodlooking and scary/freaky game

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Now the question is, do I get this for the playstation2 or for the PC??? If I go the PC route i'll have to get a new gfx card. I had a Radeon 9600 XT 256 but it didn't survive the house move [:'(]. Can anyone suggest a good gfx card? What's the best 'bang for buck' one out there at the moment?

·
Registered
643 Posts
What's the Black Edition all about?
Comes in a black box:
Posted Image

Plus the following (and I quote):

- Exclusive Cars - Race in the classic '67 Camaro SS and the BMW M3 GTR street machine right out of the box.
- Specially-Tuned Rides - Rule the streets in a modified SL65 AMG, Porsche 911 GT2. Corvette C6.R, and more.
- Exclusive Races - Redline in three epic races and an exclusive Black Edition Challenge.
- Bonus DVD - Go behind the scenes with Josie Maran, get exclusive videos and concept art, and much more.

·
Registered
861 Posts
well i was driving the mark5 golf around rockport and it sounds very nice. I havent did any mods yet but nitros and suspension are on the cards. (getting into police chases and causing a few accidents), was siiting at 143 mph today, sounded lovely.

Now the question is, do I get this for the playstation2 or for the PC???
Hmm I think the question should be: "Which one do I download first?" [:p]
Exactly :)

As for gaming , a well built pc slaps a ps2 back into spectrum days. Graphics cards have came a long way and 2 cards in pci express really let you pump up the detail. although good pci express cards are very expensive and a ps2 would be cheaper for equipment.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Whoa! A little out of my price range, I was thinking of around the 100 quid mark.
6600gt AGP can be purchased for a big note. Decent but no chance of playing nearly all those games with high settings. Although still a satisfying gaming experience.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts