Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I did a search on 'painted door mirror cover' and Flashbsd recommended this fellow & posted the link: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/can2301?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1181 in September.

I messaged the man but, sadly, he is no longer offering the service.

Has anyone found someone reliable offering a similar service - to supply and paint a genuine OEM part door mirror cover? (There are some offering pattern parts but this seems a false economy with most of the cost being in the painting)

The thread was well subscribed as a number of people chipped in to say that was what they needed.

(My car is in the dark blue metallic - whatevere that is called - and it is the L/H one I need, if anyone has a nice one spare)

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we can do it for you, £20 paint plus post and the mirriors itself, 2 day turn around
Just checked the paint code and it's LB5N (Indigo Blue Pearl, I think), in case anyone else needs something in the same colour, whilst the gun is loaded.

Will try to call this afternoon to set things up.

Andy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we can do it for you, £20 paint plus post and the mirriors itself, 2 day turn around
To round this story off, I took Jake up on his offer. He turned the job around quickly. More importantly, it looks a lovely job; almost too nice to fit! I'll be leaving that part of the job for a nice day when my hands are steady.

From my short conversation, I found that Jake and his team does all sorts of custom detailing work and if I lived closer to the Panelcare workshop, I'd be around there to have all my work done.

I shall certainly recommend Panelcare to all.

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts