Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok quick breakdown! My parents offered to take me with them and my gf on holiday to Florida all paid for with spending money. Firstly im not braggin im just frustrated to (****) its in the end of February. Its happened aswell at Xmas this year coming and shes ummy and arry! She dont seem like she wants to go she has taken her holiday but doesnt want to ask work for a weeks unpaid leave(she will only lose ?100 as shes an apprentice so its not like its a fortune) she dont seem bothered and i feel stressed to bits about her not seeming like she wants to come. Am i wrong or what? Only as if i was getting a free holiday id try absolutly everything to get time off. Hope someone may help to tell if im wrong or what!?!?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
maybe she's embarressed by the generosity and doesn't like to take hand outs, i bet its not being ungrateful. my missus is just the same, she hates it if my parents want to buy her a cuppa when we visit them(85 miles away) and always wants to pay her own way. its simply pride.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
or what you really should be doing(actual advice here) is talk to her yourself, not moaning at her, pleading with her and guilting her into saying yes but having an actual conversation with her and ask her what her worries about the trip are. she might be worried about getting into trouble at work, talk to her like an adult see what her thoughts/worries about the trip are.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Take that as a yes, I agree with some of the others, she's probably just nervous about a trip away with your parents and doesn't want to take your parents money. But as bengie said, talk to her as an adult and see what she's feeling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts