Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope you are fine and enjoying the sun. i think the E30 is at a stage where it can be shown :D coments welcome...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regards,
Mo

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. I remember seeing pics of your Polo before as well, that looks smart, what wheels does it have?
Thanks mate the polo had 15" Keskin KT3's 8" on the back and 7" on the front...miss that car i do!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
E30 are beautiful cars and thats a nice example mate.. my dream still is to buy an e30 M3 but they only come in LHD thats the downside... but still what a car 4 pot engine with more grunt than a 6 pot one [:D] and those flared arches lol...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
E30 are beautiful cars and thats a nice example mate.. my dream still is to buy an e30 M3 but they only come in LHD thats the downside... but still what a car 4 pot engine with more grunt than a 6 pot one [:D] and those flared arches lol...

Sat [y]
E30 M3, Lovely cars, but not fast compared to nowadays standards, Love the wide body work and the mean looks. The ride however is nasty on our roads.

Luckily at our garage we look after a few of these in pretty alright condition, still mega expensive to put right.

Not sure what they fetch nowadays,

We also look after another E30. IIRC its US spec, LHD etc... Comes with the m3 4 cyl engine in, just not M Powered. But the thing is, it looks standard on the outside and blows other 3`s away.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts

Sat [y]
E30 M3, Lovely cars, but not fast compared to nowadays standards, Love the wide body work and the mean looks. The ride however is nasty on our roads.

Luckily at our garage we look after a few of these in pretty alright condition, still mega expensive to put right.

Not sure what they fetch nowadays,

We also look after another E30. IIRC its US spec, LHD etc... Comes with the m3 4 cyl engine in, just not M Powered. But the thing is, it looks standard on the outside and blows other 3`s away.
Yeah i know what you mean about the e30 m3 not having enough power considering some of the hot hatches of these days... but its like a mk1/mk2 golf a piece of history of that particular company.. Most beemers are expensive to put right.. i remember my dads 740 when it went for m.o.t and servicing it failed its m.o.t due to some sensors in the engine (something to do with emmissions i think) and some parts of the suspension failed and cost a couplee of K just to get the car fixed.. the sensors are dear on the V8/V12 engines..

American?? got a pic of that plz?? Is it a hartge beemer.. actually it cant be if its an american car..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sat, cant find no pictures of it on the net yet as i dont know the engine model, i will get the proper spec of the car + engine tomorrow off my boss tomorrow as he`ll know it all off his head (35 years of bmw experiance n all) and hopefully some pics, ive only dealt with one of these cars in 4 years.

Its not a tuned car, its just how it came standard but in another country. and the owner just shipped it over here.

Unfortunatly the 7 series E38 cost alot to run compared to how much they are actually worth, v.nice cars but are hard to keep up on running costs and nice examples are slowly dying out.

The V8 engine in all are very good reliable engine, though when things go wrong its a pig, due to no working space and the costs involved. Im currently doing a strip down on one , the timing chain running Bank 1`s cams snapped and has seized the engine [8-|] lovely little job.

Hopefully be in touch tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
E38's are bargains now you can pick up a well specced on for around the 7k mark and your talking some high spec car with shedloads of options for ford mondeo money lol.. just a pity about the poor fuel comsumption and high insurance... i was quoted ?3k as a named driver [:eek:] bit much me thinks but what a car 4.4l v8 sport [H]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I remembe somebody put a e38 750 engine in to an e36 compact was a real sleeper as all he had done was the dual exits and just upgraded the oem wheels to the m3 motorsport wheels.. but what a car.. il try find some pics of that later on..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks beautiful mate! Reminds me of my old 325. Is it a 318? And have u not got the m-tec2 kit?
Thanks mate. Its a 318is because its all i could insure and wel i bought the car and thought id fix it up and sell on but then the alloys were bought and...wel...you know how it is [:)] there is no kit i dint want to put one on because almost every E30 now has a M-tec kit on it lol

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sat, Found out about the 320 today, asked my boss about it today and he knew all the spec off his head.

Basically its a 320is made exclusive for Italians. Its slightly tuned but not as far as the M3 and the M3 engine was a 2.3l

Upon this information i found i searched google.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=10 There you go! Dont think ill be seeing another one in a hurry [:p]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks mate, yes i am a member of e30zone.Whats your username there so i can view your e30?

Mo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts