Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was surfin' t'internet at lunch today and came across these Nankank NS-2 tyres for 67 sheets per corner (18"s). Does anyone know if they are any good?[?]

p.s. looking for tyre that will be quite hard wareing![^]

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
I had some Nankang on my Ibiza. (Same tyre?)They were suprisingly grippy for a cheap tyre with no squeel. Obviously pay more and have even better handling but I had no probs with these!

HTH

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers chaps,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I think i might have to invest in some when the A8 reps turn up.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had some Nankangs on my Mk3 Golf TDI a few years ago. Good tyres IMHO. Cheap yes, but really grippy. Only problem I had was that they didnt last too long.

You get what you pay for I suppose. Michelins are generally long lasting if the Pilots on my R32 are anything to go by. 22k miles.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Quote: posted by daflyingfinn on 09/11/2004 16:02:40

so i was ripped off then?

you have only paid about ?9 more! i wouldnt call that being ripped off. Are these nankangs any good by the way? At ?60 a corner i wouldnt expect them to be either very grippy or last long?

·
Registered
83 Posts
If had a set of these on a motor and they are poo !! steer well clear. Rubbish in the wet but fine in the dry. If I remember correctly the thread pattern leaves big blocks so loads of surface area to trap water under. Not good !!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got the Nankangs on my rims now and theyre pretty good actually. No complaints really. They grip well and pretty good in the wet. Ive had them on for 8k and ive jus switched them around for even tyre wear and theres still a fair bit on them. I reckon theyre good for 16-17k

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
OMG, just looked at the nankang 19" tyres on the rochford website, not bad price at all at ?103.99 for a 235/35/19 tyre, looks like ive found my tyres., they do have a good looking tread pattern as well.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Do not compromise on tyres. Once you've had decent tyres (Michelin Pilots, Godyear GSD3 etc) you'll never go back.

Nankang, Khumo are nasty, hard and rather like a teflon coating.

You'll push just that bit too hard on a wet night... then see how much money you've saved in the long run.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Quote: posted by Rivage on 10/11/2004 19:59:57

Do not compromise on tyres. Once you've had decent tyres (Michelin Pilots, Godyear GSD3 etc) you'll never go back.

Nankang, Khumo are nasty, hard and rather like a teflon coating.

You'll push just that bit too hard on a wet night... then see how much money you've saved in the long run.

maybe your right, didnt think of it like that, just got steam rollered by the price, does anyone have an idea of a reasonably priced good tyre, ie hankook?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts