Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a couple of questions about the n75j valve.

That will probably make me sound really thick but here goes anyway...

Why is the n75j valve any different to the factory one it replaces??

Why does it need to be fitted in reverse?? (as recomended by Simon Coe of CCC Tech)

What will it do for my Upsolute chipped AGU 1.8t??

·
Registered
336 Posts
the n75j just allows the wastegate of the turbo to be opened for longer. therefore in theory giving you an extra few psi of boost. i tried the h valve with my revo chip and it was poo poo. you don`t fit them in reverse, its the plug connector that faces rearwards instead of forwards.

who are ccc tech anyway?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by ollie on 09/01/2005 22:48:31

the n75j just allows the wastegate of the turbo to be opened for longer. therefore in theory giving you an extra few psi of boost. i tried the h valve with my revo chip and it was poo poo. you don`t fit them in reverse, its the plug connector that faces rearwards instead of forwards.

who are ccc tech anyway?

IIRC, CCC tech are the company who d the upsoluet remaps. Not sure if Simon runs/owns or just works for 'em, but i've not heard a bad word about Simon.

PS, Where do / have you guys bought your N75J's ??

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have my golf Upsoluted and I have the N75J valve fitted in reverse. The valve controls the wastegate and spools the turbo up earlier than it would with the standard valve. I fitted it in reverse because it seems to work better that way, it brings the boost in earlier and holds it on for longer. Fitting this valve will give you slightly more power in your car as you are getting the boost earlier.

Best thing to do is put it in the right way, go for a drive, then take it out and put it in reverse and go for a drive again. See if you notice a differnce in reverse. Different engine codes give slightly different results with wee things like this.

Bought my N75J from www.vagparts.co.uk and i think it was ?35

hope this helps

cat

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by cat on 10/01/2005 00:05:37

I have my golf Upsoluted and I have the N75J valve fitted in reverse. The valve controls the wastegate and spools the turbo up earlier than it would with the standard valve. I fitted it in reverse because it seems to work better that way, it brings the boost in earlier and holds it on for longer. Fitting this valve will give you slightly more power in your car as you are getting the boost earlier.

Best thing to do is put it in the right way, go for a drive, then take it out and put it in reverse and go for a drive again. See if you notice a differnce in reverse. Different engine codes give slightly different results with wee things like this.

hope this helps

cat

Cheers Cat. Mine is AGU (non upsoluted, atm) would it give a difference or shall I just wait til I upsolute in a coupla months time ?

·
Registered
336 Posts

cat

think i`m confusing myself a bit now. what do you mean by reverse??? as in the wastegate bit swapped with the intake bit??

·
Registered
336 Posts
thats how i mean how to fit it, the elctronic plug is just the other way around, on their he`s not exactly reversin the inlet "leg" into the wategate tube and vise versa.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think it's very misleading to talk about connecting a n75 in reverse especially as some people do actually have their DVs connected in reverse which is a completely different thing.

AFAIK the long pipe of the n75 ALWAYS points downwards and fits into the turbo intake hose regardless of which n75 you have. The electrical connector for the n75j faces the firewall where as the other n75 variants have the connector facing the front of the car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by pope1 on 10/01/2005 22:55:13

I think it's very misleading to talk about connecting a n75 in reverse especially as some people do actually have their DVs connected in reverse which is a completely different thing.

AFAIK the long pipe of the n75 ALWAYS points downwards and fits into the turbo intake hose regardless of which n75 you have. The electrical connector for the n75j faces the firewall where as the other n75 variants have the connector facing the front of the car.

job done, put it in normal but clip the plug in the other way. (however my n75h is the right way )

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Just to add some fuel to the fire here.

I decided to re-fit my bleed valve on Sunday and hadnt really driven the car on a proper dual carriageway until this morning.

All i can saw is wow what a difference to the N75 it makes.Only running 10 psi (0.7) bar but the pull in each gear is great.Will hold 10 psi in every gear too.

Worth a try in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

hope this helps

cat

How do you know what n75 calve is the "J" type all I can see on VAGparts is N75 Golf, Seat or S2?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

hope this helps

cat

How do you know what n75 valve is the "J" type all I can see on VAGparts is N75 Golf, Seat or S2?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Quote: posted by Mo on 11/01/2005 08:54:03

I decided to re-fit my bleed valve on Sunday and hadnt really driven the car on a proper dual carriageway until this morning.

All i can saw is wow what a difference to the N75 it makes.Only running 10 psi (0.7) bar but the pull in each gear is great.Will hold 10 psi in every gear too.

What puts me off one of those is that you lose the progressive delivery that you get with the Golf. It becomes a bit more like having a turbo switch, which I think could become tiresome in every day driving, though fun when you want to boot it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Quote: posted by pope1 on 11/01/2005 10:37:20

Quote: posted by Mo on 11/01/2005 08:54:03

What puts me off one of those is that you lose the progressive delivery that you get with the Golf. It becomes a bit more like having a turbo switch, which I think could become tiresome in every day driving, though fun when you want to boot it. Just my 2 cents.

I hear ya but it honestly aint too bad when just running relatively low boost.When i get time i will try some other configurations to get even smoother delivery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys new just wondering got a 1.8t aum with remap and induction just wana no will the n75j valve be worth putting fink mine is faulty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts