Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats after it was polished in the summer so was clean for once, its caked in mud mon-fri. It is my daily driver currently but im putting too many miles on it so once i get the golf back from its service will be using that a lot more daily. The WR1 is a special edition Subaru so there are only 500 made, need to keep the miles off it if possible as rush hour commuting isnt fun.Plus the economy has dropped to 11mpg with the work commute following the mods. For those interested the car has the following mods:

AP Racing 355mm Big Brake Kit, Goodrich hoses.

Uprated anti roll bars front and rear (adjustable)

Strut brace front and rear

3" Roger Clark Motorsport Exhaust with silenced centre section

Equal Length Headers / Manifold (Heatwrapped)

TD05 20G Uprated Turbo + Turbo Blanket (stops heatsoak through top mount intercooler)

650CC Injectors

RCM Cold Air Induction Kit - Large Cone Filter + Silicone Inlet Hose

TAPE stereo ripped out and replaced with Pioneer double din sat nav head unit.

Factory Standard Car = 0-62 in 4.3 secs. After these mods its down to 3.7 secs. Still needs another remap and hope to get oil catch can + front mount intercooler fit soon possibly February...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ah- nice motor! there was one of those down here for sale think he wanted 10k for it. Couldnt afford one in this climate though with petrol and insurance :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yer 10-12k now depending on condition and mileage - great cars just thirsty compared to other hot hatches... Previous to that I had a Focus ST modified to 324bhp which still did around 30mpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts