Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ooooh, I like [:D] Dont know why, but looks wise, I always thought it looked a heck of a lot better than the Lotus, even though its a Vauxhall. You'll be having some fun in that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is it the turbo or the N/A engine?

I know this is really unimportant when you buy a speedy car like a VX220 but what colour do the dials light up at night?

Red really suits it IMO. I dont think there is a better colour out there.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by unikarl on 11/10/2004 15:53:09

Is it the turbo or the N/A engine?

I know this is really unimportant when you buy a speedy car like a VX220 but what colour do the dials light up at night?

Red really suits it IMO. I dont think there is a better colour out there.

Its the N/A 2.2 one - I thought about a turbo but it would have cost a lot more, and the 2.2 still has Boxster S performance and allegedly better handling than the turbo

The dials (ie the rev counter and speedo, nothing else lights up) light up a murky yellow/whiteish colour - the whole dial is backlit rather than the numbers, if you get what I mean - it a "stack" pod, pretty basic but I think they are very lightweight

The car is sublime round corners, I've never driven anything like it [^]

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have heard that the N/A handles better than the turbo aswell. Lets face it, the car is going to be faster than most other things on the road anyway.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote: posted by Royster on 11/10/2004 22:07:55

Lovely mate!! I bet it's a great laught trying to get in it? oops there goes me hip!

Are you going to the Midlands meet this weekend? - you might want to do some stretching to prepare yourself, I have to be honest its a nightmare to get in and out

Well worth it though [8D]

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks good mate [8D]

Airbag and carpets? whats all that nancy stuff about?? LOL [B)][;)]

Seriously though getting in and out gets much easier (and graceful with practise [;)])

1 - 20 of 23 Posts