Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably cos I'm well into my thirties, but I am in love with this car...........300bhp, 4WD, adjustable suspension, Surround Sound Hifi, 330mm brembos all round.

Hope you like too...........[Y]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing I really like is if you have it in comfort or sport mode, its a smooth cruiser - huge torque low down and a howling top end.

However stick in advanced mode, suspension goes rock hard, engine map changes and it becomes a real monster.

Just a remap gets 360bhp - very tempted by that................

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the moment just an Ipod adaptor and a remap - not much else to change really - the brakes, suspension and engine are nice spec from the factory

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
The suspension sounds complex, so you wouldn't want to mess with it..... a remap on the other hand sounds great.... 360bhp [:D]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
That is a beast lol.. as said above a wolf in sheeps clothing.. and ive never heard of this volvo before.. i was like [:eek:] oooh lol and 360 with a remap.. go for it..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Its like the starship enterprise in there.

Always have liked the S and V range volvos. Looked at a S40 T4 before I bought my bora, but didnt want the image.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There aren't many around really - Volvo pitched it as an M3 rival and mine would have cost £40k new - ooops........

The motoring press generally slated it and used values have dropped a lot - I paid £17k for mine and its only 18 months old with 12k on the clock.

It does handle ok to be fair - loads of grip, not a lot of feedback, but I didn't buy it to use as a drivers car - more for the all round package. The engine is a peach [H]

As a £40k car it makes no sense, as a £17k car it is fantastic IMO.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol - my favourite button is the one that electronically drops the rear headrests [H]

·
Registered
643 Posts
lol - my favourite button is the one that electronically drops the rear headrests [H]
[:|]

Very nice indeed [:)]

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ha ha, my father-in-laws Merc has got a button for dropping the rear headrests, what a great toy. Sat playing with it for ages like Homer Simpson "Headrests go up, headrests go down, headrests go up, headrests go down.................."

Am starting to really like the new shape of the Volvos. The noses make them look shorter and sportier.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I test drove one of these 8 months ago and it was a bit of a rocketship. I didn't seriously consider it due to the running costs, - mpg, insurance etc. I also test drove the S60 D5 (185 bhp) and that was equally impressive. With 400 NM of torque available on the D5 (same as S60 R) in every day driving it was just as quick and very very smooth.

I think as a new car anyone would be mad to buy an S60 R because the residuals are awful but for a second hand buy they are outstanding value, if you can afford to run it!

I really liked the S60 but the only complaint I had was that it felt too much like a motorway cruiser and simply didn't have the sort of handling I wanted for cross country driving so in the end I opted for the VRs.

Nice motor anyway - hope you enjoy it - I certainly see the attraction.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts