Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my car the styling is not finished yet need some bigger wheels i know and few other bits but we got to start some where.

It has vf stage 1 supercharger fitted by myself and milltek system fitted and tuned by Amd and 25th side skirts r32 front bumper and some black vw badges.

300.7 bhp @ 6330

262.9 Ib ft @ 5749

any ideas on what else i can do?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Lovely mate!!!, I would keep it oem + on the outside, keep it as a stealth bomber!![;)]

ie: Driver A says "ahhh standard 4 mo, I can take that thing!!" THEN " holy s*** where did it go!!!"

[:D]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah sorry does need a very good clean but was very happy with results i could not wait to show you all.

only got it tuned yesturday so not driven it much but it does pick up very well off the line and gives a nice noise above 3000rpm

Dont want to go over top with style was thinking wheels and maybe hella smoked rear lights i like the standard ish look to and surprise all those civic's in my area.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Have you upgraded the braking system accordingly to cope with the extra 100 horses?

If your not interested in changing/lowering the suspension, R32 arb's would at least stiffen the chassis a little.

Aero wipers front & rear would be a cheap(ish) mod and a good improvement.

·
Registered
811 Posts
wow loving the car!! how much did the charger set you back if you dont mind me asking? and was it hard to fit yourself???

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Beautiful car mate, if i was you i'd just upgrade the brakes and keep
the car in standard form and stiffen up the suspension a bit, so when
you race someone they'll be shocked. lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No brakes are still standard guess i should look into changing them sooner rather then too late and crash.

I have been looking into the R32 arb but pricey getting garage to do it. do you know if its hard to do yourself? Or best to spend the extra.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i toke the risk and got it secondhand of ebay for ?1300 for hole kit and extra pipes for mk3 cars.

There was few small bits missing which delayed the fitting time having to hunt around for replacments but it was quite easy to just need to know a little about cars as there a few bits missing out of the instuctions. Toke me 4 days but they where only short days. Hardest part was doing one of the bolts up as there is no room to get hand in and move spanner around. but very happy with it even got reciepts for it all to show me what i good deal i got [:D]

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Rich23

nice one mate, I bet it sounds awesome.

Rich can you take some close up shots of the engine, how the charger is fitted.

thanks

aRd

·
Registered
570 Posts
Does look nice indeed tucked away in the engine bay. Would love to do something like this with my 4Mo later on.

Keep us informed in how it runs etc... please [:D]

·
Registered
628 Posts
well done rich,i was looking into this myself but have other priority's at the moment.

i don't suppose you got the instalation video with it did you?

vf say their giac software removes the soft rev limitter,what is it?

don't forget to post about your encounters with other cars.looking forward to it

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Well i toke the risk and got it secondhand of ebay for ?1300 for hole kit and extra pipes for mk3 cars.

There was few small bits missing which delayed the fitting time
having to hunt around for replacments but it was quite easy to just
need to know a little about cars as there a few bits missing out of the
instuctions. Toke me 4 days but they where only short days. Hardest
part was doing one of the bolts up as there is no room to get hand in
and move spanner around. but very happy with it even got reciepts for
it all to show me what i good deal i got [:D]
That ll be off of penfold on here, I nearly bought it for 1100 of him,
in fact he gave me second chance on that very auction, I couldnt go
that high as I was getting married DOH, as fas the r32 bars go speak to
shaq hell get for around 120, and yea you can fit them yourself, as I
did along with ,y Konigsports, you will need to drop the front
subfarame ETC but if you are capable of doing the sc kit I am sure you
can dod the bars.

PS if you want to ever sell the kit can I have 1st option LOL

Cheers A

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
hi ya sounds pretty tasty your motor with 300 + , just out of interest how much did the super chager cost you , as i think thats my next mod if i go that far [:D]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts