Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Noooo, the car has got a flower vase so i've gotta put a flower in it and it is an offical vw usa part. The graphics? they are just a bit of fun, me and a friend designed them and got them made and sell a few here and there. Links back to the cal look beetle clubs in cali in the 70's, DKP etc......... Die Kleine Reisfresser = The Little Rice Eaters.....

J

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1.8T, jabba fitted the eibach springs and adjustable koni shocks, so going to get a remap from them as well. Bailey dump valve is on there already, the exhaust is a sebring and it has a usa spec spoiler motor which comes up at about 45ish, rather than the 95+ mph european spec one!

Hope to maybe tint the windows as well and looking at the group buys on here for coilovers and eibach arbs and maybe debadge the bonnet and paint it black and maybe look at a black roof as well........

and just looked at the website for your car Gary, very nice and sorted MKIV!

J

·
Registered
122 Posts
O mate! i love your BUG nice colour i wish i had one!! and i like the "eat rice" sticker! haha

it looks cool!! by the way where did you get that sticker??

nice flower too! lol~

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i did try and put a shot of vodka in the vase instead, but i kept spilling it when i went round corners too fast!!

The stickers? Me and a friend got them made, sold quite a few to people in the USA so far............

J

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Quote: posted by jonboy72 on 16/04/2005 15:16:56

it has a usa spec spoiler motor which comes up at about 45ish, rather than the 95+ mph european spec one!

must be a fast "sideways runner" to get that photo then!?? LOL[:D]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah a fast sideways runner with a very steady hand :) Or maybe i found the switch under the dash that makes it pop up manually ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got homer when i lived in the usa from a toys r us :)

But thinking of getting a couple of the chav crew below to go on the dash or behind the passenger grab handle :)

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Loving that car mate - i have a soft spot for the new bug....

I was tempted to buy an RSi at one stage.....then i came abruptly to my senses!

The stickers are cool - get a set of samples up on a new thread and i'm up for some for sure....

I like the 'eat rice' but of course not with the beetle icon for me/us.

Those chav toys are cool too !

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Foxy and everyone else! Yup i always thought about having an RSI but they just don't go as fast as they look.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looking nice, wish I'd got the turbo for my wife, but shes happy with the 2.0 I guess.

Has it got the correct bumpers on ?? I thought the turbo had the sport bumpers like ours.

Posted Image

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi boraboy, the 1.8t and the v5 beetle both come with 'normal' bumpers, but both have the pop up spoiler as standard. only the v5 sport comes with the same bumpers as yours as standard

thanks

J

p.s.

nice car by the way! Does your 2.0 drink oil? when i had a 2.0 bug it used to get through loads!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Cool bug, was thinking of getting a new beetle, only reason I didn't is the resale of them, don't hold their money aswell as the Golf, even tho its just a golf with different clothing lol.

Love the rod sticker, the smoking duck lol [;)]

1 - 20 of 63 Posts