Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been some time since i've posted on here, so I thought it was about time I put some pics up. I've just got back from a week in Inverness, so I've got loads of scenic pics I wanted to show. With regard the TDI, the mileage gets ever higher but she goes better and smoother than ever.

I've decided to get shot of all my cosmetic non functional mods, so the Santas went the ebay way last month. Montreal 1s may not be pretty, but they are purposeful and are the original rims on my car (not to mention a total bargain at ?85 inc 2 good Primacys!). The car returns better mpg and is a little quicker with smaller and lighter wheels and tyres.

(I'm selling a few other OEM desirable bits inc R-line pedals, steering wheel & g/knob, floppy wipers, A4/fabia rear) - see classifieds. All this is to aid ongoing mk2 16v restoration....

Anyway, bear the numbers in first pic in mind when looking at the car!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scotland last week

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/rivage/Invernessnovember05073.jpg

Lastly, one of my little cleaning tasks for next week...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/rivage/golf4detail001.jpg

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice pictures and the milegae doesn't even show. Are you planning on running it into the ground ? I did that with a previous Mondeo, got it with 70k and sold it with 136k and it was only 5 and a bit years old. Providing you change the oil cars will run forever. Oh and the mondeo was a petrol, all it needed was 2 new rear shocks, everything else was original

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Looks great mate and considering the mileage you have done it's not showing it's age at all imo

Have to say that i prefer the look with the Santa's as they just really suit the MK4 especially red ones imo, but i had Monty 1's on my old 1.8T and there is 'something' about them that just looks so right and oem if you know what i mean....

Lovely car and i'm very jealous of your xenons... [:p][:D]

·
Registered
593 Posts
i used to have those green tyres on my bike too!!

btw, some nice shots there, plus the car looks well for the mileage

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi Rich,

your car still looks good on the Monty's. There is something about your car that has always made me fond of it.

Nice pics at Goodwood, how did you get so close to the track gate? I assume it was more than just a visit? I love that place.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the comments guys.

@ Marc - I just drove into the track. The perimeter track is usually always open to the public to allow access to the flying club. There's often some good viewing on track days.

·
Registered
766 Posts
oh man reminds me when i was up in Skye earlier in the year, good roads up there eh[:p], i'd be back up that way in a shot..love that castle(although i can't mind what it's called)lol

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Wow - excellent pics there mate, lovely composition.

Car looks soooo good, its hard to believe its done all those miles, you're doing a superb job looking after her, the age doesn't show one bit, looks as good as any other with hardly any mileage on.

Good work fella [Y]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Gerard, its Eilean Donan Castle [:D]

Some nice pics there mate, and by the looks of things you took a
similar route as me the day I randomly decided to drive west and keep
on going!

·
Registered
766 Posts

Some nice pics there mate, and by the looks of things you took a similar route as me the day I randomly decided to drive west and keep on going!
ahh cheers mate, differnt world up there[H]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts

Some nice pics there mate, and by the looks of things you took a similar route as me the day I randomly decided to drive west and keep on going!
abit off topic, but what an excellent signiture annimation of starwars you have. haha made me laugh at how good it was

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
p.s. loving the pictures by the way, makes me proud to be from Edinburgh (born and bred - now in ESSEX) och eye, ye ken?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
but i had Monty 1's on my old 1.8T and there is 'something' about them that just looks so right and oem if you know what i mean....
Ditto that beddie. Love my monty ones [Y] Such a great oem design.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Such a shame you sold the Santas, pretty much the ideal mkiv IMO, great colour, wheels, economy and xenons.

Thumbs up!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts