Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics after a short wash due to rain, I need to clay bar as the dealer must have stripped off all the wax and now there are salt marks over the bonnet so hopefully that will get done Monday and I will apply the Jewel Brite I got from GTi Fly and a coat of Titanium.

There's a couple of my old Anni and TT there too that I just found.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Fly

I loved that TT. That pic was taken next to lake Geneva last year managed to get it off the clock on the way back through Belgium and it felt so planted, I only sold it to get the A4 Cab as I could not get my golf clubs in the boot. The reason that I got the Gti was due to the A4 being so boring to drive and I have to say that since changing I have not regretted it. The Gti is so far ahead of the Anni and other Mk4' that I had in just about every respect and I'm not saying that the Mk4 Gti is bad as I had a few it's just that this one feels so solid with very direct steering and the engine is fantastic in all conditions. There is enough Torque to keep it in 3rd driving through town traffic and you dont feel that you have to rag it to get the best performance. I really like the steering feel which weights up on the motorway feeling as if the wheel does not want to turn almost go kart like yet at low speed it is very quick and light. The interior is a bit Civic like in terms of roof height and space which is strange having come from convertibles but I like the fit and finish (not quite Audi)+ practicality of it. My only gripe is with the stereo but that is a minor one. Hopefully this car will not depreciate to much with all the hype surrounding it! - I can't afford to lose anymore this year.............well just until the R32/4/6 comes out [:D]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks superb. the 17's were a good choice, saw one in the flesh with 18's and I was not impressed.

Rang the dealer on mine today and won't arrive until late April/May. when did you order yours?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ja, I used the interior stuff today - can you use it on leather?

Hopefully I will use the step 1 and 2 on Monday after a clay barring and then add the zymol over the top, do I need to wait before putting the Zymol over jewel Brite?

Carlos - I wanted the 18's but did not want to wait 5 months for a car so took the 17's they still look good in the flesh so not to bothered but I'm on the hunt for new rims for the summer.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
The interior stuff is pretty much ScotchGaurd, so probably best to use it on the fabrics only (carpets/floor mats/boot lining etc. Treat the leather with any quality leather feed in a few weeks time (brand new car won't need leather feed yet..)

You can Zymol over the Diamond Brite as soon as you've buffed off the Diamond Brite.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't mind the plastics in the flesh, I want new wheels and a black grill badge and that's about it. The dealer has assured me that when the R32/4/6 comes out that I can goto the top of the list for one & I have money down for an S3 already (depends which one comes 1st)so I don't want to spend to much on this in the mean time

Carlos - I didn't order mine I saw it in the showroom last week it had only been there a couple of hours and the price was right - it was just to tempting[:D]

·
Registered
907 Posts
WOW! What a nice colour. I've seen another one like that but its in 5dr at my local dealer.

I'm very happy with my black GTI. But if I was ordering again I would really have a grey one instead.

Nice one pal.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Oh that grey really is the dogs...thought I could only get a black but I would have to consider the grey now!

Ditto on the seats, thought the cloth was nice but the leather really makes it look even classier.

Lovely!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Looking great mate - lovely car - enjoy it! [:D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts