Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics of my car, only had the car 6 months, all my friends are VW mad but this is my first.

Its so far had Eibach springs and Koni shocks, oem spoiler, oem interior bits, modified airbox and a chippeduk remap, only found out wednesday that the previous owner had removed the fuse for the n75 valve which meant the ecu had no control over boost, the remap went well even without that valve but loads of low down torque was missing, it was only then i knew something was up and went on the hunt for faults, vagcom pointed to that valve, which i had already replaced previously, didnt think it would be as simple as a fuse, they must of removed it because there were no spares left, prob used it for the radio circuit, idiots, now it flies, i mean really quick, i was happy with the improvment of the remap without the n75 working, now its fantastic.

Its done 100000 miles but drives like new, a knowledgable friend and the guy at chippeduk said it was the tightest he had driven with that mileage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
really nice mate, i lovethe green golfs,
just 1 thing?
change the gearknob, i just dont like the wood effect. an rline one would match nice :p
and are those pills in the center there??
stunning mate

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh the gear knob has to go but most have 6 speed on them, i'm just being picky i know but i wanted 5, dont want to dress it up with something it has not got, wanted to keep the oem look too, any suggestions welcome?

Yeh the pills there like vitamin shite, grilfriends orders, i dont eat enough fruit, nothing serious lol didnt notice them when i took the pic.

really happy with the car though, the green looks stunning in the sun, i got a few minor bodywork bits painted when i got it (mirrors etc) i intend to keep it pretty mint.

Love the interior too, especially now the wood has almost completley been banished, seats are fantastic too, seats can make a car.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep thats Cheddar Gorge, great place to drive aswell as for pictures [:D]

Does look pretty good have been tempted with bigger wheels but worried about ruining the car, performance etc

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeh the gear knob has to go but most have 6 speed on them, i'm just being picky i know but i wanted 5, dont want to dress it up with something it has not got, wanted to keep the oem look too, any suggestions welcome?
Looking good [Y], I shall be doing the brown to silver change, I'm getting the silver trim for crimbo. The gear knob I'm going for is an R Line one which they do in 5 or 6 speed. I don't mind getting an R line one as it doesn't say R32 or 4Motion on it, like you I wouldn't want anything on there that it isn't. You can get R line bits from http://www.vagparts.com/

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Yep thats Cheddar Gorge, great place to drive aswell as for pictures [:D]
Agreed, although the cliffs are so high its difficult to get a good picture.

Go for some 17s they'll improve handling without impeding performance to any noticable degree

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking really good, nice n tidy for the mileage!
Its certainly a quality car and holds up well to the mileage, including the interior assuming its looked after. I dont know many car interiors which would look that good after 100k.

R line gear knob sounds like a plan, was expensive stuff to buy all the alloy bits, i better finish it off though soon.

The wood suited the old owners, who appeared to treat it very well and it must of been driven it so softly because nothing feels worn since the factory build, think they were old, found tickets for flower shows in door pockets lol, thats the beauty of these, you can easily pick up a well looked after non ragged car from somebody who drives normally (slow), but its got loads of potential, the mk4 is a great platform.

A few oem alloy bits later and it looks suitable for a 26 year old driver for 2007 [:D][:p]

And i'm tempted with 17s for sure, perfect trade off me thinks

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice clean car you have there. Have to agree with the others, I love that colour!
To be honest i wanted a blue or a black one originally but the green one came up reasonably near me and it ticked all the other right boxes, people were asking crazy money for really high milers and all the low milers looked dodgy in some way.

Colour has grown on me since, well actually it grew on me as soon as i saw it, in bright sunshine, fsh, boiling hot july day, aircon works a treat, i'll have it!!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'm liking that - don't see too many in dark green (or is it bright green, as VW call it [:D]). looks mint for the miles - have you many plans for it, as I see your mates have some well sorted mk2's!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm liking that - don't see too many in dark green (or is it bright green, as VW call it [:D]). looks mint for the miles - have you many plans for it, as I see your mates have some well sorted mk2's!!!
I'm not really sure where i want to take the mk4, most of my mates mention big turbos and a quality set 18s the most, i like the stealth look it has now though and it goes very well with a remap, an exhaust should be next on my agenda but it would be a hidden one anyway and i am worried it would be too loud, its easier to justify modifying some cars because the Manafacturer got it so wrong in the beggining you cant make it much worse anyway, the Golf is pretty good as it is, maybe i'm just getting older lol

I have just spent 3 hours in the cold fixing the rear washers, they have not worked since i bought it, had loads of interior out tracing the pipe back, i could even hear the water coming out somewhere, turned out it was the join in the pipe right at the top of the roof in the left hand corner had come apart, just pushed it back together hard, easy, just took ages to find the actual leak.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Replying a bit late, but if you haven't got sorted with a gearknob yet, have you tried the Bora Sport?

I fitted 1 to my Golf when I replaced the wood trim with the brushed ally - looks the part, matching the leather, brushed ally & chrome bits.

Will post some pics when I finally get round to cleaning the inside!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Replying a bit late, but if you haven't got sorted with a gearknob yet, have you tried the Bora Sport?

I fitted 1 to my Golf when I replaced the wood trim with the brushed ally - looks the part, matching the leather, brushed ally & chrome bits.

Will post some pics when I finally get round to cleaning the inside!!
Thanks for the reply, nothing wrong with a bit of late replying, where did you get your gear knob from then? and any pictures of it or yours fitted would be great?

Cheers for the comments so far guys, more the merrier.

Just done my own Cambelt, tensioners, waterpump and aux belt change last wednesday, was very fiddly but i didnt rush things and i got there in the end, 1st time i have ever done a cambelt myself, 60000miles until i have to do it again now woohoooo[:D] i prefer to do my own work if possible, besides the money thing i find most mechanics dont really care about your car and do a poor job for said money anyway.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I got it from Awesome GTi. I didn't want the R-Line or 4Motion logos & happened to see this one. Couldn't tell you the price off the top of my head tho!

I took some pics yesterday, but having probs posting them. Will try again after work this evening.

Good job with the cam-belt service! I'm lucky that a mate of mine is a VW mechanic, so I pay parts + crate of beer for services!! It's not what you know, but who you know!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just checked Awesome website & the gearknob is ?45 (+vat I imagine) but I don't remember paying that much??

You may be able to pick 1 up cheaper. Trying to post pics, but still no joy. Copied & pasted this pic to show you what it looks like...

Bora Sport Gearknob/Gaitor/Trim

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers for the pictureand info

The Bora sport one is still pretty good for the price, but i'm much more tempted with the r line one still, completes the brushed alloy look perfectly.

Maybe wait until after xmas and spoil myself with an r line one[:D]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts