Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a long list of cars including Honda VTEC VTi's, a 300bhp Scooby Doo, zouped up 2.0 16v Astra etc etc, and failing to find a 150PD Golf when I was looking, I have these now;

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 1998 VW Passat TDi 110 Sport. Uprated and lowered suspension (-35mm), Collins Remap to 132bhp and 242ft/lbs. Quarter mile time 17.3 secs @ 42mpg! Lol

Also this

Posted Image

Yamaha YZF-R1 (on 05 plate) in Yamaha Blue [:D]

·
Registered
415 Posts
that bike is sick! in the words of JC '...and it goes like stink'! awesome colour and loving the black wheels!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers everyone. The bike you see is actually not mine. Mine is identical but currently in a box at the Yamaha stealer waiting to be delivered on an 05 plate.

I have the same undertray and Yoshi to go on it tho (and paddock stand!). The bike you see belongs to a guy I worked with who ordered his bike the same day I did with mine - and we did not know each other did it! Weird eh?

My bike is identical. Will post a pic of my bike this week as soon as it is un-boxed! Can't wait to see ma baby!

The Passat has been a great car thus far. I got it for a steal from a farmer earlier this year, and no doubt could easily get my money back on it now. It is normally blue, but the roads are minging up our way just now so it is brown most of the time. It does 40 odd mpg or 30's if pushed and 50 if easy. Was well chuffed when it was running sid by side all day against Gerards stunning GTTDi 110 (Chipped to 150bhp & 238ft/lbs). I am still looking for a 150PD Golf but am in no rush now as the Passat is quick enough, economical, reliable, comfy and corners quite well too. And that boot can carry some amount of stuff!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
djhorace. cracking bike mate.wish i could justify another new bike. deeply jealous.[}:)]

but your next piccy wants to have the tyres looking like this so i can tell your getting your moneys worth out of it[:D][:D]

Posted Image

[:O]

be carefull till roads are up to temperature.[;)]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That knackered tyre must be those dodgy radial dampers on the TLR!! LOL Dont worry, I had one too, and an a big fan of the Big nutty yellow twins! Even with all the chassis mods though, my Edwards Mille is in a different league, handling wise! But then it was twice as expensive as my new TLR was, and I prefer the top end rush on the TLR too!!

Wish I still had the big yellow beasty wtih Kelar mig cans.............ahhhhhhhhhhh! (reminising!)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I had a full Yoshi on my 7R, loved it, but it scared old ladies as you opened it up to overtake. Nearly sent an old couple into the hedge once, gave it the full hit and went past screaming and with the R shaking it head.

I dyno-jetted it, K+N, full rear undertray, and then the Yoshi! Wish I hadn't sold it.

By the way it was Kwacka Geen, the only colour a kwacka should be.

Sold it and bought a house, then bought an R1, in blue and used that for a year and sold it on. The speedo is a lottery on the R1, you only know how fast your going when the big 1 comes up, then you know to back off. Had my 7R in Nippon Seiki land with it hitting the limiter. Not too funny when you sit up slightly!

Top bike mister!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Quote: posted by simch on 18/12/2004 19:09:54

That knackered tyre must be those dodgy radial dampers on the TLR!! LOL Dont worry, I had one too, and an a big fan of the Big nutty yellow twins! Even with all the chassis mods though, my Edwards Mille is in a different league, handling wise! But then it was twice as expensive as my new TLR was, and I prefer the top end rush on the TLR too!!

Wish I still had the big yellow beasty wtih Kelar mig cans.............ahhhhhhhhhhh! (reminising!)

SIMCH

my tlr's rotary damper went a long time ago.sat in its place is a maxton conventional shock set up matched to maxton set up forks.

it handles as well as many newer bikes its only limiting factor is me.FEAR.i'm a little slower now since a trip into the kitty litter at donington.[:(]

if you've ever done cadwell we'll have to get heads together for a track day[^]

ROLL ON SUMMER.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I never managed to get my tyres quite like that! My balls are not big enough to put the bike over that far on public roads to get the edges that far down as I have seen people come off doing it because of loose gravel etc.

I am actually scared of the thought of the R1 after seeing the speedo on the bike Clarkson raced against the Carrera 4. I have riden an R1 but not for 3 years, and only for 20 miles or so. And having not been on a bike for 2 years, and my last one being only a ZX6r, I am thinking about lessons before delivery. The stealer offered me a GS500 for a while to get used to being on a bike again.

Cant wait for the accelaration buzz again though!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
that was track abuse although i can get her fairly roughed up on the road. atke the R1 to the TT . you can get the tyres like that there.no gravel roads swept constantly and painted white lines not embossed like over here.No speed limit on mountain either[:D]. great fun accelerating past the cops in marked subaru's and seeing them wave you past.[:D]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote: posted by borabandit Posted - 22 Dec 2004 : 21:56:25

that was track abuse although i can get her fairly roughed up on the road. atke the R1 to the TT . you can get the tyres like that there.no gravel roads swept constantly and painted white lines not embossed like over here.No speed limit on mountain either. great fun accelerating past the cops in marked subaru's and seeing them wave you past.

Are you serious? No way!!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cleaner Passat in the Snow!

Posted Image

MY R1! Pre-Mods!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Watch this space. I take delivery in feb. In these pics it had just had its PDI. Still no battery or fuel! I will be the first to start her!!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by djhorace on 05/01/2005 20:06:59

Cleaner Passat in the Snow!

Posted Image

Now I like that pic.... where do you live anyway?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
you lucky git, never really been on a bike, had a blast for a day on a 2stroke dirt bike (250 I think) in some fields you know the score no helmets or any protection for that matter. Thought about doing my bike test but then I bought the R32 and haven't really thought about it since.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts